Private Tour: Colosseum & Imperial Rome Art History Walking Tour - 3207A
Visit the most amazing amphitheatre in the world, built by emperor Vespasian to entertain the Roman people to the cruel and bloody gladiatorial games, hoping they would forget the atrocities of Nero.
Your historian guide will bring it to life. Explore Rome's Imperial Roman history in style on a private walking tour with an art expert. Accompanied by your own private guide who specializes in art history, you'll enjoy personalized attention on your special private tour of ancient Rome's historic highlights. You'll come away with a full understanding of ancient Rome, from its origins to the collapse of the Roman Empire.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Colle Capitolino
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
Your private walking tour starts at the Arch of Constantine by the Colosseum. Before entering the famous amphitheater and Forum for a privately guided tour, you will take a closer look at the impressive arch dedicated to Emperor Constantine. Every roman general or emperor who rode in triumph through the Forum along the Via Sacra (the road you will walk along) had to pass under this arch.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Colle Capitolino, Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
Ascend to the Capitoline Hill where Diocletian built his fantastic Palace, Circus and now a beautiful small museum. Your expert art historian will bring it all back to life!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Your personalized tour will visit the Colosseum in depth. After this visit you will enter to the Roman Forum where you will walk around the most famous monuments like Titu's Arch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00186 Rome Italy
Exiting Augustus Forum by the end of the Via dei Fori towards Piazza Venezia, the Trajan Markets and Forum, and the 30 mt long sculpted Column of Trajan will appear like a vision, their white marble shining under the Roman Sun. Your guide once again will illustrate them all.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Arco di Costantino, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza Venezia, Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.