Private Tour Crete: Walk the old town of Rethymno, Arkadi Monastery, Lake Kourna
This Private tour in Crete is a unique opportunity to feel the Cretan hospitality
You will walk at the narrow streets of old town of Rethymno, at narrow alleys, kiosks (prominent wooden windows), amateur lyres, mantinadas, smell of fresh bread from wood ovens and tsikoudia flavor. In other words, one of the latest authentic magical tour in Crete. You will visit the Lake of Kourna, that the landscape is lovely and relaxing, whether you want to go for a walk in the countryside with unique natural beauty. You will have memorable photos here. Our next stop will be at the Arkadi Monastery, as it is the most historic monastery of Crete and it has been designated by UNESCO as a European Freedom Monument.
Finally, we will reach at the most traditional village in Crete, located in picturesque green rolling hills the village is well known for its pottery, called "Margarites". Being the most important center of ceramics industry in Crete this is the must-see.
The duration of the tour is 8 hours
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up & drop off form your hotel / cruise ship
- English Speaking driver
- Bottled water
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Meals & personal expenses
- Tour Guide / Leader
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rethymnon Old Town, Rethymnon, Crete Greece
You will walk at the narrow streets of old town of Rethymno, a journey back to time, the Venetians, the Ottoman aesthetics and the Cretan original pride. The town of Rethymnon was built according to the rules of Venetian architecture. You will admire the Turkish house and Many buildings with gothic features. Narrow alleys, kiosks (prominent wooden windows), amateur lyres, mantinadas, smell of fresh bread from wood ovens and tsikoudia flavor. In other words, one of the latest authentic magical tour in Crete
The old town of Rethymnon is one of the best-preserved towns of the Renaissance.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Kournas, Kournas, Apokoronas, Crete 730 07 Greece
Next our stop will be at the Kournas Lake that is the ideal place for a daytrip nearby.
Kourna Lake is lying in a small valley among mountains and high hills. Both the lake and its natural surroundings are very picturesque.The landscape is lovely and relaxing, whether you want to go for a walk in the countryside with unique natural beauty. We will enjoy our coffee break here and you will have memorable photos
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Monastery of Arkadi, Arkadi, Rethymnon, Crete 74100 Greece
Our next stop will be at the Arkadi Monastery, as it is the most historic monastery of Crete and it has been designated by UNESCO as a European Freedom Monument. Is the most sacred Cretan symbol for freedom.
Built at 12th century, at an altitude of 500 meters, on a fertile plateau with olive groves, vineyards, pines, cypress and oak trees, The Arkadi Monastery has a unique natural beauty, a prestigious history, numerous legends deeply rooted in the time, heirlooms and thesaurus richness.
Stop At: Margarites, Margarites, Rethymnon Prefecture, Crete
Finally, we will reach at the most traditional village in Crete, located in picturesque green rolling hills the village is well known for its pottery, called "Margarites". Being the most important center of ceramics industry in Crete this is the must-see. Margarites, is a village with Venetian roots, mentioned by sixteenth-century travelers.
It is so beautiful to stroll around this very charming narrow streets of the villages, and visiting & enjoy the many of ceramics ateliers.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up form your hotel or Cruise Ship or Heraklion airportAirports
- N. Kazantzakis Airport, Heraklion, Crete Greece
- Heraklion Airport N. Kazantzakis, Heraklion 716 01, Greece
- Heraklion Port Passenger Station, Leof. Nearchou, Iraklio 713 07, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Without Licensed Tour Guide 3/15/2019 - 12/31/2021
With Licensed Tour Guide 2/22/2020 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.