Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Bayeux
Delve into Europe’s World War II history on this private 8-hour tour of the D-Day beaches from Bayeux. Explore the WWII D-Day beaches of Normandy with a private guide, and gain insight into the sacrifices made by the German and Allied soldiers. Take in top sites of interest including Arromanches, the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer, Longues-sur-Mer, the Pointe du Hoc, and Sainte-Mère-Église. Along the way, learn of the fierce fighting that raged between the opposing forces. This private 8-hour tour includes round-trip travel from Bayeaux.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Omaha Beach
- Entry/Admission - Pointe du Hoc
- Entry/Admission - Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-Mer
- Entry/Admission - Sainte-Mere-Eglise Church
- Entry/Admission - Remains Mulberry Harbour
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Following a 9am pickup at your accommodation or the local train station in Bayeux, take a seat in your air-conditioned minivan and head onward to the Normandy beaches — where so much of the violent fighting of WWII took place.
First, visit the port at Arromanches — built by the British to organize the landing of the Allied troops in June 1944. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant (own expense) and admire sweeping views over the beach.
Visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer with your private guide and learn of the many Allied soldiers who laid down their lives in battle. Next, head to Longues-sur-Mer to see the batteries the Germans used to protect the coast from the Allies.
During your 8-hour tour, travel to top sites of WWII interest including the Pointe du Hoc and Sainte-Mère-Église. Along the way, learn of the now infamous battles that took place here between the German and Allied forces.
When your tour comes to an end, return in comfort to your hotel or the train station in Bayeux at approximately 6pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
BAYEUX or anywhere within 30 km of BAYEUXAirports
- Carpiquet Airport, Caen France
- Capitainerie Caen Ouistreham, Terre-Plein de l'Écluse, 14150 Ouistreham, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Price is per car
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour Guide and Driver will wear a mask and/or a safety shield and virus safety shield is installed in the Van
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.