Private Tour: Day Trip to Agra from Delhi Including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
Visiting the Taj Mahal and Agra from Delhi by yourself means detailed planning, hiring cabs, and enduring ticket lines once there. This private tour prearranges everything, so you can focus on the UNESCO-listed mausoleum and also have time to cover Agra Fort and the often-overlooked Itmad-ud-Daulah, all with a personal guide to chart their backstories. Private air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, and lunch are included for a stress-free, seamless experience.
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- Mineral water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- After hotel pickup in Delhi, make the approximately 4-hour journey to Agra by climate-controlled vehicle.
Stop first at Agra Fort, the UNESCO-listed palace-fortress that was a residence of the Mughal emperors until the mid-17th century. Tour its highlights with a guide, noting the Islamic and Hindu architecture and learning how Emperor Shah Jahan, who commissioned the Taj Mahal as a mausoleum for his favorite wife, was imprisoned here in view of the marble masterpiece.
Following an Indian lunch, continue to the Taj, one of the New7Wonders of the World. Marvel at the marble mausoleum and inspect its Turkish, Persian, and Indian architectural styles as you hear the love story behind it.
Finally, visit the smaller Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah, often regarded as the inspiration for the Taj. Discover the Persian influences that shaped it and admire its jewel-encrusted stone inlays before your trip ends back in Delhi.
Departure Point :Departs from the Delhi International Airport, your Delhi hotel, or other locations per your requestAfter booking, please contact the local tour operator to provide exact pickup location in Delhi (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to original Departure point.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- This tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.