Private Tour - Discover the Olympic Mountain
Get away from the bustling city & spend some relaxing time on the Olympic Mountain of Montjuïc - Barcelona´s green lung.
We will start at the exhibition ground of the World Fair of 1929. Ascending the hill, you will learn about this important event. While standing in front of a palace that houses the Catalan modern art museum you will have a photo moment with amazing views.
From there we will cross the Olympic Ring where the Games of 1992 were held. Passing by the Botanical Garden we'll have a glimpse into the famous cemetery of Barcelona. Once on the top we may have a break in a hidden beer garden under pine trees - if open & the weather allows.
The walk continues around the castle of Montjuïc to a breath-taking view point. Learn why the mountain has always been a natural watch tower guarding the city.
We will stroll down the slopes of the hill to the multi-cultural quarter of Poble Sec where we finish the walk in Calle Blai famous for its local tapas & pinchos bars.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Barcelona Pavilion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barcelona Pavilion, Avinguda Francesc Ferrer i Guardia, 7, 08038 Barcelona Spain
We will start the tour at the German Pavilion of the World Fair of 1929. Its timeless Bauhaus design makes it a must see for all architecture lovers.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: The Magic Fountain, Placa Carles Buigas 1, 08038 Barcelona Spain
We will climb up the first part of the hill discovering the famous Magic Fountain using the local escalators. While learning about the World Fair of 1929 we will enjoy amazing view points and fantastic photography moments.
Stop At: Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya - MNAC, Palau Nacional. Parc de Montjuic Palau Nacional, 08038 Barcelona Spain
We will cross the area of the world fair held in Barcelona in 1929.
Stop At: Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium, Passeig Olímpic, 15-17, 08038 Barcelona, Spain
We will discover important sites of the Olympic Games of 1992 and the Alternative People's Game of 1936 - which were a protest event against the Games in Nazi Germany.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cementerio de Montjuic, Carrer de la Mare de Deu de Port, 56, 08038 Barcelona Spain
Have a glimpse into the famous graveyard of Barcelona.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Montjuic Castle, Carretera de Montjuic, 66, 08038 Barcelona Spain
Learn about the importance of the hill as a natural watch tower and the historic significance when be fortified by fortresses - both in medieval and civil war history.
Stop At: Calle Blai, Carrer de Blai, 22, 08004 Barcelona, Spain
Venture with us through the chaotic lay-out of this multicultural neighbourhood and discover the local Pinchos bars - a variation of tapas that have become fashionable.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, 7, 08038 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Carrer de Blai, 08004 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years due to length of walk and amount of uphill walking
- Not recommended for travelers who cannot walk for at least 5 miles on partly very steep ground.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.