Private tour: Follow Anne Frank to Camp Westerbork
Anne's famous diary ends a few days before she, and the others, were suddenly arrested and put on transport, ultimately to her death.
In a one-day tour outside Amsterdam we will take you to Camp Westerbork, the transit camp from where Anne Frank, and more than a 100.000 Jewish people with her were sent to Auschwitz and other camps. Not many would return.
By following her footsteps, we will learn about many more people, places and events to tell the story of the German occupation of the Netherlands during World War 2.
By visiting the sites and telling the stories of normal people under extreme circumstances we will bring the time of the war closer to home. With the use of authentic photos and videos, and by explaining the events from all perspectives, we will find out about the motives of the people involved, and we will ultimately ask the question:
Could this happen again in our time?
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Kamp Westerbork
- Entry/Admission - Kamp Amersfoort
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kamp Westerbork, Oosthalen 8 9414 TG Hooghalen, 9414 TG Hooghalen The Netherlands
An extensive visit to this Camp where Anne Frank and more than 100.000 people with her were sent before being put on transport to the east.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Afsluitdijk Wadden Center, Afsluitdijk 1c, 8752 TP Kornwerderzand The Netherlands
We will pass the spectacular Afsluitdijk on our way back to Amsterdam, with a short brake for a drink and photo's
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kamp Amersfoort, Loes van Overeemlaan 19, 3832 RZ Leusden The Netherlands
A short visit to this Camp where resistance fighters and others were being held under horrible circumstances, among which two of the helpers of the Frank family.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Victorieplein, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
I can pick you up at or near your hotel in or around Amsterdam
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.