Private tour from AMS airport to Zaanse Schans windmills
After your flight into Amsterdam airport Schiphol (AMS), your personal guide and driver brings you to world-famous Zaanse Schans to see windmills, clog making and cheese tasting. You will also see an operational windmill from the inside and get a wonderful view of the countryside from the balcony. Your guide will tell you all about the sights and history. After this 3 hour unique experience, you will be brought back to the airport or to your hotel, whatever you prefer.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Molen De Kat
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
You will walk around Zaanse Schans together with your local guide who will tell you all about the sights and the history. You will visit a wooden shoe workshop to see a demonstration of clog making, a cheese farm for cheese tasting and a presentation on cheese making and a working industrial windmill.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zaan Tours, Zaandam The Netherlands
A local guide and driver from Zaan Tours will accompany you on this tour to make you feel more than welcome and to tell you everything you would like to know about the Zaan region. He or she will also asist you in taking the best possible pictures.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kooijman Souvenirs & Clogs Wooden Shoe Workshop, Kraaienest 4, 1509 AZ Zaandam The Netherlands
Visit the wooden shoe workshop to learn about Dutch clogs, see different clogs at their museum and watch how clogs are made during a live demonstration of clog making. Furthermore, you will be able to make your perfect clog pictures.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Molen De Kat, Kalverringdijk 29, 1509 BT Zaandam The Netherlands
Visit the last remaining paint windmill of the world. You will learn about this windmill from your guide and you will be able to wander around in this 240 year old still operating windmill. You can also climb up to the platform for the best view of the windmills, the Zaanse Schans, the meadows and the river.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Catharina Hoeve Cheese Farm, Zeilenmakerspad 5, 1509 BZ Zaandam The Netherlands
Visit this cheese farm to attend a presentation on how Dutch Gouda cheese is made. After this presentation, you will be able to try lots of various Dutch cheese such as baby Gouda cows cheese, smoked cheese, goat cheese or even a coconut cheese.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Schiphol Boulevard 1117, 1117 AA Schiphol, Netherlands
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/8/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At time of booking, airplane passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: inbound flight number and, what is applicable, outbound flight number or drop-off hotel name
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Only during transportation wearing a face mask is required.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.