Private tour from Budapest to a top hidden treasure region of Europe: Lake Balaton
Seeing just Budapest in Hungary is not the wisest thing to do.
Lake Balaton is the essence of Hungarian rural beauty. Hungary's version of Provance. And our favourite region in Hungary.
You will enjoy stunning views, tiny villages with century-old whitewashed houses, amazing formations of nature.
Balaton Uplands has been chosen by Mastercard users one of the Top 15 Hidden Treasures travel destinations of Europe.
The 10 hour tour is filled with beauties of nature, interesting history and very good wine!
The beauty of the nature, the great gastronomy, the fresh wines, the charme of the villages and the historical and architectural heritage of the region are all good reasons to make a visit here
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Szantod-Tihany Ferry
- Entry/Admission - Bences Apatsag
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, wine tasting (appr. eur 25/person)
- additional entrance fees in case they apply (if we visit the Balaton Uplands National Park, we discuss this on the tour day, this depends on weather and if you want this)
- Entry/Admission - Figula Pincészet
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Szantod-Tihany Ferry, Szántód Port, Szantod Hungary
We first drive to Lake Balaton (80 min from Budapest), then take the ferry from the southern shore to the northern shore
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Bences Apatsag, I. Andras ter 1., Tihany 8237 Hungary
The pearl of the Balaton is the Tihanyi Peninsula. Thanks to the special attributes of its landscape, its geological idiosyncrasies, its diverse flora and fauna, it was the first designated landscape protection area of the country. On its smaller hill a church and a monastery were founded in Tihany as early as nine centuries ago.
In Tihany you will walk around this charming and famous little town on the peninsula with the same name, you will also watch a great video on Tihany's history and formations of the nature, then you will visit the famous abbey
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Balaton, Hungary
An unforgettable view of Lake Balaton, while enjoying a coffee/tea/lemonade...etc.
You can try the famous lavender products of the region, such as lavender beer, lavender lemonade, lavender gelato....
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Figula Pincészet, Balatonfüred, Meleghegy, vége, Csárda u., 8230 Hungary
Optional activity: You can visit a winery in the Balatonfüred-Csopak wine region. Each winery has a great location(view). One of our recommendations is the Figula winery.
You can choose between tasting packages on the spot. All the wineries serve great food.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tagore Sétány, Balatonfüred, Tagore stny., 8230 Hungary
We then drive you to Balatonfüred to see this noble town with lots of mansions and a picturesque promenade. The pretty centre and the beautiful villas and mansions will very likely steal your heart!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All centrally located hotels, rentals, AirBnb-s....Ports
- All Budapest ports
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.