Private tour from Kutaisi to Svaneti
We start our journey 09:00 a.m. from Kutaisi. Our driver and the guide pick you up from the hotel.
We drive through amazing road along the Engur Gorge, directly to the mountains. An altitude of 1500 meters we reach municipal center of upper Svaneti, Mestia. This is a splendid place with stunning views and architecture, surrounded by mighty 5000 m peaks.
Svaneti is one of Georgia’s most historic and unique areas and a real skiers’ dream. Svaneti was best known for its superb house-towers, most of them dating back to the 12-13th centuries, which line the valleys and served as look-out posts against the threat of invasion. Long time ago, every self-respecting Svan family had its own tower, where they were defended during wars.Those towers belong to UNESCO World Heritage List. There is something about the region that makes you feel as if time has stood still.
After dinner in Mestia we take you to the hotel, drop you there. You stay in Svaneti and spend your next day as you wish.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by new Private vehicle
- Professional driver service
- One bottled water
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: River Enguri, Zugdidi Georgia
In 2015, the Enguri hydroelectric dam was awarded the status of a cultural heritage monument with the aim of developing the industrial heritage of Georgia. The total height of this dam is 271.5 meters, and the length is 728 meters. According to preliminary calculations, the tourist zone of Enguri hydroelectric power station will serve about 400 thousand tourists per year.
The Enguri dam is one of the five arched dams in the world. At the moment, the installed capacity of the company is 1,300 MW, which covers half of Georgia's electricity needs.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Svaneti Museum of History and Ethnography, A. Lozeliani st. 7, Mestia 384750 Georgia
Svaneti Museum of History and Ethnography was founded in 1936. In 1973 in Svaneti was created the zonal system of the Monument Protection and the Museum became the headquarters of this system. In the Museum are kept very important and valuable archaeological and ethnographical materials, rich collection of the Georgian manuscripts, icons, etc. There are high level items in the collections donated to Svaneti churches by Georgian kings. There are some items of foreign origin, like: Syrian, Sasanian Persia, from Byzantine Empire, and Venice.In 2003 the museum moved to the new building. Permanent exhibitions are presented the three halls. Collections of the Svaneti Museum are: archaeological collections – 2187 items, engraved and painted icons – 242 items, manuscripts – 68 items, armor – 192 items, metalwork – 292 items, wooden ethnographical objects – 650 items, jewelry and silverware – 421 items, textiles – 37 items. Museum already had done exhibitions of contemporary local painters' works. There is started work on preparing of the educational programs
Pass By: Shkhara Glacier, Ushguli Georgia
Shkhara Glacier, which is one of the most beautiful hikes you can do in Svaneti. The pathway might not be pleasant as it follows the dirt road, but the views of Georgia’s highest peak is worth it.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotels located in Kutaisi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.