Private tour from Livorno port: the Etruscan coast & wine
Embark on a relaxing journey to natural landscapes, art and history-filled cities to discover Tuscany’s Etruscan heritage, an intermingling of enchanting medieval villages dotting Tuscan hills, all located a short way away from the sea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Hotel/port pickup
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bolgheri - Borgo Medievale, 57020 Bolgheri, Castagneto Carducci Italy
The name of this beautiful coastal area is tied to the presence of the Etruscan civilization that inhabited this area from the start of the 9th century BC (way before the Romans...!). The area is also famous for having a place of honor among Tuscany's most dynamic wine zone blessed by a unique microclimate that is both dry and sunny, perfect for Bordeaux grape varieties, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot.
Meet our English speaking driver/guide at 8.30am and start the tour going towards south of Livorno, in about 1 hour you'll reach the precious little village of Bolgheri. The last 5km are on the famous Viale dei Cipressi (Cypress Avenue) a scenic straight avenue bordered by majestic and ancient cypresses which end in front of the castle. Free time for explore its old historical center with the typical houses of stone and many artisan workshops. Leave around 11am for a top rated winery for have a superb wine tasting.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Castello di Populonia, Via San Giovanni n 28, 57025 Populonia, Piombino Italy
Continue to a small town facing on the sea called San Vincenzo for some relax and lunch: if you want the driver will suggest a nice place where to eat at the little harbour or on the beach. Leave at 2.30pm for the last destination: Populonia at about 30 min away from San Vincenzo. Found at the top of a hill surrounded by the sea, this very ancient Etruscan town is located in a great position on one of the promontories that form the Gulf of Baratti and shows beautiful 15th-century walls constructed on the order of the Lords of Piombino. Free time until 4pm, then start the journey back to Livorno port, drop off at the pier by 5.30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Porto Livorno, 57123 Livorno, Province of Livorno, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for some uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Our vehicles are professionally sanitized after every use from top to bottom to guarantee a very high level of hygiene and cleanliness. Our English speaking drivers have been prepared to take all the necessary precautions to protect their health and that of our customers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.