Private tour from Messina to Etna Volcano with an option of Food and Wine tasting
During this private tour by comfortable air-conditioned car, you will visit Etna - the highest active volcano in Europe. This tour is private - only for your party, nobody else to ensure the highest standards for our clients.
Your friendly private knowledgeable guide will pick you up at your port or hotel in Messina and by comfortable car he will chauffeur you to Etna along the Ionian coastline and small authentic mountain villages. You will visit local honey farm and taste the produce of fertile volcano land, and reach “Rifugio Sapienza” at 2000mt. Here you can visit Silvestri Craters, admire unforgettable panoramas, visit souvenir shops, and trattorias. Optional ascent with cable car and jeep with the authorized Alpine Guide to 3000mt.
Optionally - visit to one of the best Etna wineries and tasting of the best Sicilian wines and food.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour only for your party by comfortable air-conditioned car
- Private local tour leader
- Private driver/guide
- Guided tour of Etna
- Visit to local honey farm and tasting of honey, jams, olives, olive oils, wines and liquors
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off in Messina
- Round-trip transportation by private comfortable car
- Bottled water
- Visit of one of the best Etna wineries and food and wine tasting (if option is selected)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Cable car to an altitude of 2500 m (65 Euro for 1 person)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Messina, Messina, Province of Messina, Sicily
Your personal tour leader will pick you up at your accommodation/port in Messina, and you will start your wonderful private travel to the highest active volcano in Europe. Driving by comfortable, air-conditioned car through the small authentic mountain villages, you will admire unforgettable picturesque views of Sicilian countryside full of oranges and lemon plantations, olives and almond trees, houses and churches built of lava stone. Enjoying amazing sea view and lava fields, you will arrive to a charming mountain town Zafferana Etnea, where you will visit local honey farm and taste the produce of the fertile volcano land - honey, olive oils, olives, wines and liquors. Then you will continue to drive up the volcano and reach the plateau Rifugio Sapienza at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level. Here you can feel the exceptional atmosphere of Etna volcano, admire the lunar landscapes, see the famous Silvestri craters, visit small shops where you can buy souvenirs made of lava. Optionally, you can ascent with cable car and jeep with the authorized Alpine Guide until 3000mt for additional fee (65 Euro).
Optionally: After this atmospheric journey, the guide will chauffer you in relax to one of the best wineries at the foot of Etna. The owner of the winery will welcome you with a glass of cool white grillo, and you will have a tour of the estate, see how the grape is growing, and visit the cellars, while the owner explains you all about the wine making process and the history of this family run winery. Then you will sit on a beautiful terrace with an amazing panoramic view of the Mediterranean, and have traditional delicious lunch of locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciuttto, home-made sausages, cous-cous, mushrooms, vegetables, fresh bread, olives and home-made olive oil. A professional sommelier will offer you 5 glasses of Sicilian Etna DOC red and white wines. After the tour, your guide will drop you off at your accommodation or port in Messina.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at your accommodation, port or train station in Messina.Ports
- Messina port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.