Private Tour Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos Day Trip from Lisbon
Experience the rich heritage and stunning countryside of Portugal on this guided day trip to Fátima, Óbidos and Nazaré from Lisbon. On this tour, discover one of the Christian religion’s most significant pilgrimage sites, Fátima. Here, learn about the children who, in 1917, saw an apparition of the Virgin Mary (Our Lady of Fátima). You will also visit the small medieval town of Óbidos, glimpse into a fisherman’s life in the seaside village of Nazaré and marvel at the ornate architecture of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Batalha Monastery. During your journey, savor landscapes that boast beautiful Atlantic coast views, verdant hills and impressive bluffs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Ginja liqueur tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Guided visit inside monuments and buildings
- Entry/Admission - Batalha Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fatima, Fatima, Santarem District, Central Portugal
Learn about the three shepherd children who claimed to see Our Lady of Fátima dressed in white in 1917. Stroll with your guide to the famous Sanctuary of Fatima, a basilica which draws millions of religious people annually who homage to the shrine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Batalha Monastery, Largo Infante Dom Henrique 2440, Batalha 2440-484 Portugal
Travel to the 14th-century Batalha Monastery renowned for its compelling examples of of ornate gothic architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the monastery, follow your guide into the royal tomb and see the Founder’s Chapel. Hear about the noble family that rests here including Queen Philippa of Lancaster, King João I and their heir Prince Henry the Navigator.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Nazare, Nazare, Leiria District, Central Portugal
Quiet fishing village of Nazaré, a favorite summer vacation spot for the Portuguese. Here, take a break for lunch at a local cafe or restaurant (own expense). Learn about the locals who fish here before heading onward to the Nazaré cliffs.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Obidos, Obidos, Leiria District, Central Portugal
Enter past its fortified walls and discover slender streets, gothic facades, and vibrant houses. Alongside your guide, learn about King Dinis who gifted Óbidos to his new wife Queen Isabel in 1282 which led locals to refer to Óbidos as ‘wedding present town. As you walk notice the window sills decorated with flower pots and colorful tiles. Then, stop at a local wine shop for a taste of Ginja liqueur, a cherry flavored spirit and perhaps savor a snack. Finally, enjoy perusing through an artisan’s shop with a wide variety of handmade ceramics.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant / child seats are mandatory for children aged 0-12. If you have children under 12 years old, please advise their age. Infant and child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.