Private Tour: Gaucho Ranch in San Antonio de Areco from Buenos Aires
During this fascinating tour you will have the opportunity to get to know the land of the gauchos, San Antonio de Areco, a colonial village that was the last civilized stop for every traveller willing to go into Indian lands. Nowadays, this village preserves the gaucho traditions to their full. You will also visit a ranch, or estancia, where you will enjoy the typical countryside activities and the famous Asado (barbecue) together with Argentine wines.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel, apartment or cruise ship terminal
- Transportation throughout the tour in a modern and comfortable vehicle
- Professional driver
- Licensed tour guide
- Guided visit to Dragui Silversmith’s workshop (Gaucho museum)
- Day at Estancia El Ombú de Areco (ranch)
- Lunch: Asado (barbecue), Argentine wine, soft drinks, dessert and coffee
- Guided horse ride or outing in a horse drawn carriage
- Gaucho folk music groups and creole horse-back skill events
- Entry/Admission - Estancia El Ombu de Areco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Antonio de Areco, San Antonio de Areco, Province of Buenos Aires, Central Argentina
Begin your private day tour with an 1.40-hours drive from your hotel in Buenos Aires to the village of San Antonio de Areco. Enjoy the landscape of the Pampas and learn about the Gauhos from your tour guide. We will first stop at San Antonio de Areco´s old centre, in which we will visit its main square, its beautiful church and a silver craft workshop.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Museo Draghi, Calle Lavalle 387 Frente a la Plaza Principal, San Antonio de Areco B2760BME Argentina
You tour guide will guide you through this silver craft workshop, where you can see a vast collection of pieces of rural goldsmithing of the nineteenth century. You will learn about the process of making exclusive goldsmith pieces that take shape through the hands of artisans recreating the techniques of traditional goldsmithing as their founder, the famous artisan Juan José Draghi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Estancia El Ombu de Areco, RP 31, cuartel VI, Villa Lia, Buenos Aires San Antonio de Areco Argentina
You will spend the rest of the day at Estancia El Ombu de Areco, a typical Buenos Aires estancia (ranch), where you will have a tasty asado (barbecue) and high quality Argentine wine for lunch. After lunch, you will be able to participate in various activities related to the life in the estancia. El Ombú offers comfort together with a kind and personalized treatment in the beautiful and quiet atmosphere of the countryside. During the summer, lunch will be served under the shadow of a huge ombú, the tree that gives the ranch its name.
To complete this thrilling day at the estancia, you can go horseback riding. El Ombú has beautiful tame horses in which you can ride along the enormous parks and fields of the ranch, enjoying a typical gaucho activity. You can also use the swimming pool and solarium or take a walk in the park.
Depending on the day, El Ombú sometimes offers Gaucho folk music groups and creole horse-back skill events.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from hotels and apartments in Downtown, Palermo, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, Retiro, San Telmo and Cruise Ship Terminal in Buenos Aires.Passengers can choose drop off location (inside the tour boundaries). Otherwise returns to departure point.Does not include pick up nor drop off at the airport.Ports
- Terminal de Cruceros Quinquela Martín, Av. Ramón Castillo 13, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.