Private Tour: Haridwar Sightseeing Day Tour and Ganges River Puja Ceremony
This full-day private tour of Haridwar takes you to points of interest with a personal guide. The customizable itinerary includes Bara Bazaar, Mansa Devi Temple (by cable car), Daksha Mahadev Temple, Jain Temple, and Shantikunj Ashram. In the evening, visit Har Ki Pauri to witness a Ganga Aarti, a ceremony that includes your own flower offering to the Ganges River and a ‘puja,’ or prayer ritual, led by a Hindu priest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transport by comfortable A/C sedan
- Puja (prayer ritual) by Hindu priest with flower offering
- Entry/Admission - Har ki Pauri
- Entry/Admission - Mansa Devi Temple
- Entry/Admission - Bara Bazaar
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and travel in Haridwar by air-conditioned private vehicle. First, take a personally guided walk through Bara Bazaar, the oldest and most popular market in Haridwar. After exploring the lively shops selling crafted souvenirs, visit Mansa Devi Temple, reached at its hilltop location by cable car.
Next is Daksha Mahadev Temple, Jain Temple, and Shantikunj Ashram. You can discuss with your guide if there are other destinations you are interested in seeing in Haridwar and the guide will try to incorporate it in the itinerary.
In the evening, head to Har Ki Pauri for the Ganga Aarti, a devotional ceremony to the Ganges (Ganga) River, believed to be the Divine Mother in India. Prayers, called Aarti, are offered to Hindu gods and goddesses as an act of gratitude, typically conducted at sunrise and sunset. Watch devotees carry idols to the riverside, light large fire bowls, chant mantras in sanskrit, and make offerings of food during the 45-minute ritual (you'll arrive early for a space amid the crowd). Your guide arranges you to partake in puja with a Hindu priest and make your own flower offering.
Afterward, you can walk around and snap photos before you’re driven back to your hotel.
Departure Point :You centrally located hotel in Haridwar
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.