Private tour: Hermitage Museum Including Diamond and Gold Rooms with a Curator
Take a tour of the Hermitage Treasure Galleries (also known as the Diamond Room and Gold Room) with a Hermitage Curator! These are the most prized sections of the Hermitage. The Diamond Room has the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's fine jewellery and the Gold Room is a spectacular collection of gold, silver, and royal jewels that belonged to the Russian tsars. It has the best and biggest collection of Scynthian Gold in the world. The Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and their collections are really worth seeing. Experience the luxury of the Russian Emperors and ancient kingdoms and afterwards have a private guided tour of the other exhibitions of the Hermitage!
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
St. Petersburg used to be the capital of the Russian Empire and the Romanov's (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century; the Diamond Room houses the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewellery. As a result this collection is really worth seeing!
The Gold Room houses a significant collection of archaeological finds - the famous Ancient Greek gold, the world's biggest and best collection of Scythian gold, oriental jewellery items from India, Iran and China, as well as superb examples of ceremonial oriental weapons. It consists of around 1,500 works in total, made from gold and dating from the 7th century B.C. to the 19th century A.D.
Access to the Diamond and Gold Rooms (also called Treasure Galleries) is usually by pre-arranged appointment only, with no exceptions, and a regular tour usually lasts for 30 minutes and you would have to be part of a large group. Also, due to extremely high demand usually you cannot visit both Galleries on the same day either. So this private 2.5 hour tour is really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and not to be missed!
Your private tour of the Diamond and Gold Rooms will start with the private transfer from your hotel and take place with curators, who actually curate the rooms themselves. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history and are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. You will have 1 hour 15 minutes for each room to look at the unique jewellery masterpieces. The curators will share details with you that you won't find in the guidebooks.
You will also have a 1 hour and 20 minute private guided tour of the other exhibitions at one of the best museums in the world: The State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, is the biggest museum in the World (together with the Louvre in Paris, they are in competition for the World's "No 1" in terms of exhibition space, number of items and collections etc.). The buildings that the Hermitage occupies are brilliant examples of European architecture. The walls of these buildings have also seen a great number of important historical events - from Peter the Great to Nikolay II. Every visitor can feel the force of Russian history here. Its collections, of which only a small part is on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. The collections occupy a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace, a former residence of Russian emperors.
After this unforgettable tour, you will have a private transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your St Petersburg hotel/hostel.Address: Palace Square 2, St. Petersburg 190000, RussiaDirections: Meeting at the lobby of your hotel/hostelYou can change the hotel for pick-up no later than 3 days before the tour.Dates: Daily: except MondayReturn point: Your St Petersburg hotel/hostel. If you'd like, the driver can take you to another location within the city e.g. restaurant, theater, museum etc. Please tell your guide before the end the the tour
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can change the hotel for pick-up no later than 3 days before the tour
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment $100 for blanket visa and round trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship ($100 for all the travelers, not per person). Minimum 2 travelers required. Details needed for blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.