Private Tour: Hidden Istanbul
Discover a less-visited side of Istanbul on the Golden Horn, where the layers of coexisting cultures are still visible. This private 8-hour tour takes you on an alternative route through old Istanbul, where Muslim Turks, Greek and Armenian Christians, and Jews used to live together. Visit Mihrimah Sultan Mosque and the stunning Chora Church, among many other notable sites dotting the Fener and Balat neighborhoods. Wander past typical old Istanbul houses and streets that preserve the feeling of the old city and travel comfortably by climate-controlled minivan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your guide at your hotel or port and embark in a climate-controlled minivan on an 8-hour tour of Istanbul’s most evocative neighborhoods. Take in the views of the many historical buildings that dot the route, including Kadir Has University, the Church of Aya Nikola, the majestic Greek Red School, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate, the cast iron Sveti Stefan Bulgarian Church, the city walls of old Constantinople, and the dungeons of Anemas.
Pop into the Mihrimah Sultan Mosque, built by the famous Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan for his beloved. Explore the splendid Chora Museum, formerly a church and currently one of the most impressive museums in Istanbul. Inside, find stunning well-preserved Byzantine frescoes and gold-accented mosaics.
Dig into Istanbul’s many layers, exploring the remains of a Byzantine palace and admiring the gate of Kasturya Synagogue, the crooked Egrikapi gate, the tomb-containing Cabir Mosque and the Church of St. Mary of Blachernae, the only church where Christians do their prayers on Fridays instead of Sundays. Wander through a bazaar in Balat, where a tangle of streets contain small shops and a variety of products. At the conclusion of your tour, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or port.
Departure Point :Istanbul hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Egyptian Bazaar (Spice Market)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.