Private Tour: High Dam and Unfinished Obelisk
Take a private tour to see a modern and an ancient engineering marvel in Aswan when you visit the High Dam and Unfinished Obelisk. See two of Egypt's engineering wonders with the incredible Unfinished Obelisk lying exactly as it fell, and the world famous engineering miracle that is the High Dam.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Aswan High Dam
- Entry/Admission - Unfinished Obelisk
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aswan High Dam, Manteqet As Sad Al Aali, Aswan Egypt
Depart your Aswan hotel or cruise ship and travel to the High Dam of Aswan. Located near Aswan, the world famous High Dam was an engineering miracle when it was built in the 1960s. Containing more material than used in the Great Pyramid of Cheops, the Dam is 11,811 ft long, 3215 ft thick at the base, 364 ft tall and is carved into from the existing granite, providing irrigation and electricity for the whole of Egypt. from the top of the High Dam you can gaze across Lake Nasser, a huge reservoir created when it was built, to Kalabsha temple in the south and the huge power station to the north.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Unfinished Obelisk, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan Egypt
Continue to the Unfinished Obelisk in the granite quarries of Aswan where much of the red granite used for ancient temples and colossi came from. The Unfinished Obelisk located in the Northern Quarry still lies where it was carved when a crack was discovered as it was being hewn from the rock. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will explain how the 1 tonne obelisk was carved, and why the crack caused it to be abandoned.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.