Private Tour in Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle
Visit with your own private party, up to 6 travelers, one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands: Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle. A real medieval castle, with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge.
The castle is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and beautiful gardens. The castle has a long and turbulent history. Live the tale of medieval castle life and discover its secrets a private guided tour. After the castle tour you have some personal time to continue your explorations. Discover the beautiful historical gardens, where they grow vegetables and herbs from the past. Or instead go for a cultural experience and spend your free time with your guide at an 'Dutch Old Brown Cafe' in a non-touristy place.
As this is a private experience, the tour is tailored to your wishes. This tour is perfect if you like to see what's outside Amsterdam, as shore-excursion as a lay-over from Schiphol Airport! Also if you're traveling with kids!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private comfortable and corona-proof transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off anywhere in (Greater) Amsterdam
- Private guide for 4 hours
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
- Admission national museum Muiderslot Castle
- Private guided tour of the castle in English
- Audio-tour in Chinese, Hebrew, Russian, Spanish, German, Italian and French
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Muiderslot
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity -optional of course
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam including Schiphol, Amstelveen, Haarlem, 't Gooi, Almere or Amersfoort (or anywhere in between for that matter).
Your drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle, so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Muiderslot, Herengracht 1, 1398 AA Muiden The Netherlands
The small castle of Amsterdam Muiderslot is one of the oldest and best preserved castles in the Netherlands. Set off on a private guided tour in English and learn about medieval castle life and the Dutch 17th century with all its controversies -audio tour in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Russian and Hebrew available.
Discover the beautiful historical gardens, where they grow vegetables and herbs from the past. Or you can go for a cultural experience by spending your personal time with your guide at an 'Dutch Old Brown Cafe' in a non-touristy place.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Muiden, Muiden, North Holland Province
The quaint village of Muiden is home to Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle. After the castle tour you have some personal time for your own explorations. Continue exploring the castle and its beautiful gardens. But you can also choose to spend your free time with your guide instead. Walk to the village of Muiden and experience Dutch culture in a typical Dutch Old Brown Cafe that overlooks the Vecht river.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any address in the (Greater) Amsterdam region. Your pick-up time is around the booked time, but depends on your location and preference. The exact pick-up time is communicated in the week prior to the experience, when we contact you to go over the details of the tour. Drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time (e.g. pick-up hotel and drop-off at the airport).Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Passenger Terminal Amsterdam at Elbaweg, Unnamed Road, 1044 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Haarlem Centrum, Centrum, 2011 DA Haarlem, Netherlands
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol, Netherlands
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Your TripAdvisor/Viator booking confirmation is your tour confirmation. In the week prior to your full day experience you will be contacted by WhatsApp or email to finalize the details (preferences, pick-up, timings, etc.).
- 2021 Max group size is 6 travelers, provided they form one household. In case of two households, the max group size is four travelers
- Pick-up and drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam, including Schiphol Airport, Amstelveen, Diemen, Haarlem, Weesp, Naarden, Zaandam, Purmerend - we are very flexible with pick-up & drop-off
- Pick-up address doesn't have to be the same as drop-off address so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time (e.g. pick-up in Amsterdam, drop-off at Schiphol airport)
- Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience is customized to your preferences and interests
- From 2022 this experience is available again as small public group tour departing from Amsterdam (2021 only private experiences)
- Follow us on instagram to see our tours and DM if you have questions!
- 2020 Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We take the corona virus very seriously and adhere to local and national regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.