Private Tour in Antwerp, Belgium
No need to hassle with trains to Belgium! Or using unnecessary public transportation for that matter. Just have your own private guide take you from (Greater) Amsterdam across the border to Antwerp for the day.
The beautiful historical city of Antwerp is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cities of Europe. The city is full with squares, medieval alleyways and churches. Not to mention the old pubs ;) The history goes back many centuries. The facades in the historical old town demonstrate the wealth of Antwerp in the 15th and 16th centuries, when the city was one of Europe's most important trade cities.
Upon arrival in Antwerp, set off on a private guided walking tour, after which you several hours to explore on your own. There are some great things to explore. Antwerp has some marvellous museums, the local cuisine is delicious and there are impressive historical sights to check out.
Then, meet with your guide again for the drive back to the Netherlands.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private, comfortable and corona-proof transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off anywhere in (Greater) Amsterdam
- Private guide for 10 to 11 hours
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
- 75 min private guided walking tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Option to costumize the experience to your interests and preferences
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (up to you!)
- Entry/Admission - Red Star Line Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Netherlands, The Netherlands
The Netherlands No hassle trains or having to search for you way to visit Belgium. Just have your own private guide take you from the Netherlands across the border to the beautiful historical city of Antwerp for the day.
Enjoyment starts already on the way to Belgium, while you cross (counting from Amsterdam) four of the twelve Dutch provinces. Although the Dutch landscape is known to be 'as flat as a pancake', you will notice a change the further you go south. Meanwhile your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands with you.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam including Schiphol, Amstelveen, Haarlem, 't Gooi or any address between Amsterdam and Ghent.
Your drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle, so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Belgium, Belgium
Once the border with Belgium is crossed, you'll notice a change in scenery. Everything looks the same, but still very different at the same time.
Belgium is known for medieval towns and Renaissance architecture. The country has distinctive regions, including Dutch-speaking Flanders to the north, French-speaking Wallonia to the south and a German-speaking community to the east.
Get a taste of Flanders and discover the radiant city of Antwerp together with your private guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Antwerp, Belgium
Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cities of Europe, the history of Antwerp goes back many centuries. In the 15th and 16h centuries Antwerp grew out to be one of Europe's most important trade cities, due to its strategic location on the river Scheldt.
The beautiful facades in the historical old town demonstrate the wealth of those days. Upon arrival, set off on a 75-minute private guided walking tour to learn about the city’s history, legends and culture.
After the tour you have several hours of free time to continue your own explorations. You can visit what is in our opinion one of the most beautiful buildings of Europe, the Railway Station. Other great things to explore are the Redstar Line Museum, the Antwerp Cathedral that houses four Rubens paintings. Or simply sit down to enjoy the street culture and to indulge yourself in some delicious Belgium waffles or mussels (only if there’s a ‘r’ in the month!).
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Red Star Line Museum, Montevideostraat 3, Antwerp 2000 Belgium
Visit the Red Star Line Museum that focuses on the stories of the 2 million passengers that emigrated from Antwerp to North America by traveling onboard ocean steamers of the Red Star Line.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Diamond District, Bounded by De Keyserlei Pelikaanstraat, Herentalsestraat, Antwerp 2018 Belgium
After the walking tour you have plenty of time to wander around and continue your explorations. Visit the famous diamond district that's unique in its own.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off is offered from any address in (Greater) Amsterdam. We are very flexible with the pick-up address! Calculated from the city of Amsterdam, the pick-up time is between 9:00 and 9:30 am. The exact pick-up time is adjusted accordingly and is based on your location and preference. A few days prior to the experience we will contact you by email or WhatsApp to finalize the details regarding timings. Drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time!Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Amsterdam Passenger Cruise Terminal and river cruise ports
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Passenger Terminal Amsterdam at Elbaweg, Unnamed Road, 1044 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Utrecht City, Voorstraat 89, 3512 AL Utrecht, Netherlands
- Haarlem Centrum, Centrum, 2011 DA Haarlem, Netherlands
- Provincialeweg 302, 1506 MJ Zaandam, Netherlands
- Amstelveen Centrum, Amstelveen, Groenelaan, 1186 AA Amstelveen, Netherlands
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Your TripAdvisor/Viator booking confirmation is your tour confirmation. In the week prior to your full day experience you will be contacted by WhatsApp or email to finalize the details (preferences, pick-up, timings, etc.)
- 2021 Max group size is 6 travelers, provided they form one household. In case of two households, the max group size is four travelers.
- Pick-up and drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam, including Schiphol Airport, Amstelveen, Diemen, Haarlem, Weesp, Naarden, Zaandam, Purmerend - we are very flexible with pick-up & drop-off
- * Pick-up address doesn't have to be the same and there's space for luggage. This experience can therefore be used as transportation at the same time (e.g. pick-up in Amsterdam, drop-off at Schiphol airport)
- Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
- This experience is tailored to your interests and preferences.
- Follow us on instagram to check out our experiences and DM if you have any questions!
- 2020 Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We adhere to local and national regulations regarding corona.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.