Private Tour: Kutna Hora from Prague
Enter the time machine and embark on a journey to the UNESCO listed Kutna Hora, the town from the middle ages, which provided the top quality silver for about 70% of the European coins of the era! Get spooked in the Sedlec Ossuary decorated by bones of 40,000 people, marvel at the richly decorated Cathedral of St. Barbara, one of the grandest cathedrals in Central Europe and take a photo by the "instagrammatic" Santini's round stairs in the sterner, yet equally impressive, Church of the Assumption of Our Lady or be awed by the majestic beauty of other sacral structures in this once-famous town. And you will create your own souvenir when we will show you the traditional way to make a coin during the tour of the Italian Court, which served as a mint, Royal Palace and then eventually prison and school (concurrently!). Its ceremonial hall and the chapel will take your breath away!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by private Mercedes Benz vehicle and driver
- Bottled water in the car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee - St. Barbara cathedral, Ossuary, Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady, Italian court
- Entry/Admission - St Barbara's Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - The Cemetery Church of All Saints with the Ossuary
- Entry/Admission - Italian Court
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady and St. John the Baptist
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Barbara's Cathedral, Barborska Street, Kutna Hora 284 01 Czech Republic
Kutna Hora became extremely rich thanks to the abundance of high-quality silver mined in the town. This allowed the construction of such amazing sacral structures as the gothic cathedral of St.Barbara, the main dominant of Kutna Hora, the biggest cathedral in Central Europe. Richly decorated, devoted to St.Barbara, the patron of miners (and also the victims of a swift death).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Cemetery Church of All Saints with the Ossuary, Zamecka, Kutna Hora 284 03 Czech Republic
The church was built upon on the ground sprinkled with the holy soil brought in from Jerusalem, therefore the cemetery around it became in high demand. When the capacity ceased to suffice in times of the Plague and the Hussite Wars, a blind monk started arranging bones of 40,000 people into pyramids. Later, when the chapel became a property of the Schwarzenberg noble house, the bones were rearranged into ornaments, coats of arms, chandeliers etc. in order to honor the dead and remind the living of our own mortality.
NOTE: Effective from 2020, taking photos is forbidden.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Italian Court, Havlichkovo namesti 552/1, Kutna Hora 284 01 Czech Republic
Make your own coin and bring it home as a souvenir! The Italian Court served as a mint, Royal Palace and later also as a prison and school (concurrently!). We will also take you to the luxurious audience hall and the richly decorated chapel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady and St. John the Baptist, U Zastávky 280, Sedlec, 284 03 Kutná Hora, Czechia
The Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist may look a somewhat stern compared to the Cathedral of St. Barbara since the Jesuits did not indulge in showing their wealth through rich decorations. Nonetheless, the tall interior designed by the world-famous Santini is stunning its own way. Do not miss the chance to climb up to the upper floor via the amazing spiral stairs!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Church of Saint James, Jakubska 1, Kutna Hora 284 01 Czech Republic
We will pass by this tall dominant of the town which can be seen well from the terrace in front of the Cathedral of St.Barbara.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at the lobby of your hotel or a place of your choice in Prague. Tour ends at your hotel or a place of your choice in the city center. Airports
- Letiště Václava Havla Praha, Aviatická, 161 00 Praha 6, Czechia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.