Private Tour: La Paz City Sightseeing and Moon Valley
See the best of La Paz on a private tour with a knowledgeable local guide, who will introduce you to both top attractions and lesser-known sites, creating a well-rounded experience of the city. Visit historical landmarks like Plaza Murillo and San Francisco Church, bustling markets like the Witches Market, and natural wonders like Moon Valley. You’ll learn about the city’s colonial history and get a feel for local life as you interact with vendors and artisans and perhaps visit a museum or two. This private tour is customizable.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de San Francisco
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- After booking, you can contact the local tour operator to customize your La Paz experience with your private guide. Your guide will then create a personalized itinerary for you and your group that includes both major landmarks and off-the-beaten-path sites where you can interact with locals and get a better look at life in La Paz.
On the day of your tour, your guide will pick you up in a private vehicle and chauffeur you around the city, providing interesting commentary along the way. Typical itineraries are broken into three themes and may include some of the following attractions, depending on your interests.
Historical landmarks and colonial architecture:
Admire sights like the Baroque-mestizo architecture of San Francisco Church, originally founded in 1548; Metropolitan Cathedral, built in 1835; the Spanish colonial buildings that line Jaén Street (Calle Jaén); and the Presidential Palace, located on Plaza Murillo, the city’s main plaza, also home to the Bolivian Congress.
Museums and markets:
La Paz is known for its many museums, several of which are concentrated on Jaén Street. Top museums and other cultural centers that you may want to visit include the National Museum of Art, the Ethnography and Folklore Museum, the Museum of Musical Instruments, the Textile Museum, the Murillo House, the Gold Museum and the National Museum of Archeology.
Don’t miss the chance to witness local Andean life at one or two colorful markets, where you can browse wares like embroidered shawls, alpaca wool, silver artwork and artisan crafts that make great souvenirs and gifts. Two of the most popular mercados include the Witches Market, where you’ll find herbs and other traditional remedies of the Aymara (the indigenous people of this region), or the Lanza Market, one of the city’s main food markets.
Let your guide drive you to the best vantage points to admire the city skyline and take some beautiful photos. Then head about 6 miles (10 km) out of the city to explore Moon Valley (Valle de la Luna), named for its lunar-like landscape of pinnacles and canyons, caused by erosion of the mountains.
At the end of your private tour, you'll be returned to your hotel, ready to continue your exploration of the city on your own.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any hotel in downtown La Paz
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.