Private Tour: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana and Sun Island from La Paz
Discover the beauty of Lake Titicaca, Copacabana and Sun Island on this full-day tour from La Paz with a private guide. After hotel pickup, enjoy the company of your knowledgeable guide during the ride to the lake. Marvel at the cobalt-blue waters and the glacier-capped Andes. Learn the history of the area’s indigenous civilizations, and meet their descendants at lakeside villages. In Copacabana, visit a 16th-century basilica and enjoy lunch on the waterfront. On Sun Island, which is considered the birthplace of the Incan civilization, walk through splendid archeological ruins. This tour is perfect if you’re short on time but want to experience some of the major sights of Bolivia.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- Entry/Admission - Estrecho de Tiquina
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana
- Entry/Admission - Isla del Sol
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana Bolivia
Our accredited guide will meet you at your hotel in downtown La Paz and will accompany you on this private tour. You will travel across the Altiplano towards Lake Titicaca.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Estrecho de Tiquina, La Paz Bolivia
Cross the strait of Tiquina that divides Lake Titicaca on a local ferry. Look for crafts and souvenirs at lakeside villages on your way to Copacabana.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana, Copacabana Bolivia
For centuries, Copacabana has been a popular pilgrimage site. Note the Moorish-style domes and blue ceramic tiles of the colonial basilica and look for colorful crafts and stalls on the waterfront of Lake Titicaca.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Isla del Sol, Copacabana Bolivia
From Copacabana, embark on a local boat and explore the Sun Island where legend has it the Inca Empire was born. Learn about the history of Andean cultures as you hike the island. After Sun Island, your guide takes you back to your hotel in La Paz as the sun sets over the Altiplano. With advance notice, you may instead opt to be dropped off in Puno for an additional fee.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any hotel in downtown La Paz
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: for travelers heading to Peru, you can be dropped off in Puno for an additional US$95 per person. Please contact the local operator after booking in order to make the appropriate arrangements
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.