Private Tour: Madrid and The Royal Palace
This is a tour designed to show you the most impressive examples of Madrid’s historic and artistic heritage. Explore Madrid in comfort and visit the biggest palace in Western Europe - The Royal Palace.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Price per vehicle (not per person)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Child/infant safety seats available for no extra charge
- Transport by private Mercedes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a tour designed to show you the most impressive examples of Madrid’s historic and artistic heritage. We start with a panoramic tour, and you will be able to see, among other things, the following:
Puerta de Alcalá - Cibeles fountain - Thyssen museum - Neptuno fountain - Atocha station- Reina Sofía museum - Puerta de Toledo - San Francisco el Grand Basilica - Puerta del Sol - House of Deputies (Congress) - Gran Vía - España square - Temple of Debod - The Cathedral - The Royal Palace.
After the panoramic tour you will have time to visit and enjoy the Royal Palace at your leisure.
The Royal Palace
This is a monumental construction of 135,000 square metres, and is the biggest palace in Western Europe. There are almost 3,500 halls and rooms.
It is superbly situated, with beautiful surroundings: the Sabatini gardens (North), the Cathedral (South), Plaza de Oriente (East), and the Campo del Moro gardens (West).
The Royal Palace of Madrid was first used by King Carlos III in 1764. Later, it was the residence of all subsequent Spanish monarchs until 1931, when King Alfonso XIII left Spain for exile when the Second Republic was created.
Currently, the Royal Palace of Madrid is still full of life, as it is used for various ceremonies and official events by the monarch, although it is no longer a royal residence.
The Royal Palace contains a wealth of great art in the form of paintings, sculptures, porcelains, tapestries and jewelry work. Out of all its displays, the sheer beauty of the following stand out: the Hall of Columns, the Throne Room, the Stradivarius Room, the Porcelain Room, Gasparini’s Salon, and the State Banqueting Hall.
Outside the Royal Palace there is a small building, to the left of the ‘Plaza de la Armería’. Don’t miss it. It is the Royal Armoury, which is regarded as one of the two most important in the world, together with the one in Vienna.
You can also visit the Royal Pharmacy, and stroll through the large gardens around the palace: Plaza de Oriente, Sabatini and Campo del Moro.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Please contact your local supplier in order to set your preferred departure time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be sent at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case, confirmation of availability will be sent within 48 hours whenever possible.
- You will travel in a luxury Mercedes Benz (car, minivan, or 8-passenger van).
- Price per vehicle (not per person).
- A maximum of 8 people per booking.
- LGBT friendly.
- All drivers speak English and Spanish. And some of them speak French as well.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.