Private Tour: Masada at Dawn, or Later, from Jerusalem
The Masada at Dawn private tour offers individuals,couples ,families and small groups the option of a customized personal experience of a full day tour of the Masada & Dead Sea region starting in the early morning to take advantage of the cooler part of the day. With a range of starting time options to choose from, the Masada day tour is a real adventure to a World Heritage listed site.
This tour can be customized for a 04:00 am start time to see Masada Sunrise ; 06:30 am to be able to catch the first series of cable car rides to the mountain top or 08:30 am to allow a relaxed start time after breakfast at your Jerusalem hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Landing and facility fees
- A full 10-12 hour day exploring the Dead Sea region. You will be picked up from your Jerusalem accommodations at 4am to take advantage of the cooler part of the day as we start out by driving 1.5 hours to the Dead Sea.
Climb Masada at dawn ( with a 04:00 am departure from Jerusalem ) from the eastern Snake Path (1 hour moderate walk) or drive towards Arad (2.5 hours drive from Jerusalem) to reach the base of the Roman Ramp (30 minute, easy walk). There is also the option with later departure s( 06:30 am or 08:30 am ) from Jerusalem of arriving to Masada to catch the cable car to the summit .
A comprehensive tour of Masada with guide explanations of the remains of both King Herod's fortress and the Jewish rebels who years later fought the Roman army. Finish you time on the mountain with a gentle walk or if you want an easier option enjoy the views from a cable car ride down the mountain.
Enjoy breakfast or a mid-morning snack at Masada
As your tour is private it can be customized to a suit all needs, a few options to visit are :
Masada multimedia museum, hike the Ein Gedi National Park, swim in sweet waters of David's Falls, visit the ancient Ein Gedi synagogue and explore Kibbutz Ein Gedi.
Next head to the Dead Sea, where you can take some time float in the sea or try mud packs and massages.
Depending on your personal preference and time willing you can also enjoy these additional options: visiting the Jordan River baptism site at Qasr El Yahud with incredible views of desert monasteries or visiting the Inn of the Good Samaritan with its beautiful Byzantine mosaics. Before returning to Jerusalem.
Departure Point :Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Jerusalem District
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.