Private tour Mattinata Benedictine Abbey of Monte Sacro
The trekking route with a licensed guide will take you to the Abbey of the Holy Trinity starting from Monte Sacro Farmhouse, here after a few steps begins a dirt track that climbs Mount Sacro on routes made by shepherds with flocks of sheep, until you get there on the top.
The path that leads to the mountain, about 40 minutes, is characterized by a first phase on a steep slope and certainly not easy, until arriving in a flat area where the abbey was built.
The abbey of S.S. Trinity is of Gothic construction, was built around the year one thousand and abandoned in the fifteenth century. A long phase of degradation followed, which brought the structure into a state of ruin but which still hides a remarkable charm.
You can still admire the walls, the columns with the capitals, the entrance portals, the abbey church with the bell tower, the dormitory cells, the baptistery, the refectory with the kitchen, the cisterns, the cloister, the courtyard, the warehouses, stables and lookout tower.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abbazia Benedettina della Santissima Trinita, Monte Sacro, 71030 Mattinata Italy
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Agriturismo Monte Sacro, Str. Contrada Stinco, 71030 Mattinata FG, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
To be agreed
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.