Private Tour: Monino Central Air Force Museum Tour from Moscow
Situated on an air field, the vast site is home to more than 170 different types of aircraft, as well as Cold War-era artefacts like spy equipment, uniforms and weapons. Pose for photos next to the most impressive planes, and then spend time at leisure in the museum before returning to Moscow.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The Central Air Force Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Leave your central Moscow hotel and start your journey to Monino, a small town east of the capital. As you travel in the comfort of your luxury minibus, your driver will talk to you about your destination of the day: the Central Air Force Museum. One of the world’s largest aircraft museums, the building covers some 49 acres (20 hectares) – about the equivalent of 18 football pitches – meaning there’s a lot of aviation history to discover inside.
On arrival, head straight in and start exploring with your guide – a translator. Many Russian museums don’t allow photos to be taken inside, but your entrance ticket has a special photo permission, meaning you can snap as many photos of vintage air planes and helicopters as you like!
The most interesting part of the museum is a section dedicated to aircraft from the time of the Cold War – planes that impressed and frightened most of the world at the time. See Ilya Muromets, the largest aircraft of the 20th century, and Tupolev-144 – a Soviet-era SST (Supersonic Transport Aircraft). Hear tales from your pilot guide about the days when these planes were used and see Cold War-era spy equipment and artefacts, too.
After your walking tour, enjoy some free time inside the Central Air Force Museum to explore at your own pace. Besides the aircraft and artefacts on show, the museum is also home to a large library, showing films (with English subtitles) about the planes.
Return to your minibus at the pre-arranged time, and return to central Moscow with your driver. Your tour ends back at your Moscow hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located Moscow hotelDates: Tuesday - SundayReturn point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 2pm
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.