Private Tour - Montserrat Monastery
Enjoy a day trip out of town and visit the picturesque Monastery of Montserrat situated in an iconic mountain. We will take care of the whole logistics so lay back and join us!
Believing in the most sustainable means of transportation we will take the train to Montserrat where we go up the mountain using the historic cable car. You will learn about the Benedictine monastery with its more than 1000 years of history and also listen to the world famous Boys´ Choir that has been existing for more than 500 years and is one of the oldest in Europe!
We will also go up to the top using the funicular and enjoy great panoramic photo moments before walking back down to the monastery. Before returning to Barcelona we will also walk to a truly amazing spot: a chapel in the mountain!
So join us on this fascinating trip to the monastery on the iconic mountain!
per adult from
What's included :
- Train Tickets
- Tickets for the cable car & funicular
- Professional Guide for the whole day
- Entry/Admission - Aeri de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Abadia de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Sant Joan Superior
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aeri de Montserrat, Ctra C-55 , Km 11,5, 08199 Monistrol de Montserrat Spain
We will climb up the mountain using the historic cable car.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
We will discover the premises of the monastery and listen to the boys choir with its history of 500 years.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sant Joan Superior, 08293 Collbató, Barcelona, Spain
We go up to the top of Montserrat mountain and will enjoy breathtaking views before walking down back to the Monastery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santa Cueva de Montserrat, Montserrat Spain
We will walk to a truly amazing spot: a chapel in the mountain.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Placa d'Espanya, Barcelona Spain
We will return to our starting point at Plaça d´Espanya.
Departure Point :Hotel Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, Plaza España, 6-8, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We will keep the groups very small meaning we will not mix bookings except if we have 2 solo travellers. Otherwise we will only show you around as couple, family or your party. We will keep the necessary distance and in case you do not have a face mask we will provide one for you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.