Private Tour: Moroccan Kasbahs from Marrakech
Located approximately 175km south east of Marrakech, we find what is probably the best preserved kasbah in Morocco; Ait Benhaddou. On your private tour, see this famous site, declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1987 and a location for many famous films. The fortified city overlooks the surrounding desert and was a place of great significance from the 11th century until well into the 20th century for caravans making the journey from Marrakech via Telouet. Spend your day exploring the kasbahs and villages of the foothills of the Atlas mountains and head back to Marrakech in the evening.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private car
What's excluded :
- Meet your guide and set off from your hotel for an early start. Travel by 4x4 and head into the High Atlas Mountains where you will stop in different places to discover many authentic Berber villages, constructed with local earth and stones, and see the numerous surrounding valleys. You will pass the villages of Taferiate, Ait Barka, Zarkten and Tofliht until we reach the Tizi-n-Tichka pass (2260m in altitude). Cross the impressive High Atlas mountains, then head down into the Ounila valley. Pass through the small kasbah of Pasha Glaoui on your way to Telouet. Located at the foot of the mountains, discover the special decorations and amazing architecture of this kasbah.
After the visit, you will continue crossing through villages on the side of valley while heading for the famous Ait Benhaddou kasbah. Just before you arrive, stop at a smaller yet still traditional kasbah named Tamdakht before you reach the Ait Benhaddou. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1987, this has been the setting for many famous films such as, Lawrence of Arabia, The Sheltering Sky and Gladiator. Have lunch in a quiet restaurant, and then visit the kasbah with a local guide before heading back to Marrakech. Go via the Tichka pass and see other mountain villages such as Tiseldei, Tizirine and Agouim.
You will arrive back in Marrakech at approximately 7:30pm, when your tour will end.
Departure Point :Your hotel or riad in Marrakech
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.