Private Tour: Munich and Oktoberfest Grounds Tour from Salzburg
From Munich Old Town to the Oktoberfest grounds, Munich has sights and history by the bucket load. See the parts that interest you most with your very own private guide, and enjoy an itinerary that’s customized to you. Explore Munich Old Town, see the football (soccer) stadium of Allianz Arena and check out the iconic beer hall of Hofbräuhaus am Platzl. In the afternoon, explore the lively Oktoberfest grounds, a place of pilgrimage for beers lovers around the world. Round-trip transport from Salzburg is included, but any entrance fees are at your own expense.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private minivan or Mercedes E-Class
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Begin with a hotel pickup from Salzburg, and relax on the 1.5-hour journey to Munich with your private guide. As you travel, chat about your itinerary and if there is something you really want to see, let your guide know. The great thing about a private tour is that the itinerary and commentary can be tailored to your interests.
On arrival in the city, head into Munich’s handsome Old Town where a wealth of sights can be found. Stroll through Marienplatz, Munich’s historical square, to see the Gothic New Town Hall (Neus Rathaus), home of the animated Glockenspiel show that takes place with bells and puppets. Pose for photos by the Cathedral of Our Blessed Lady (Frauenkirche), and listen to stories about the city’s history — from its medieval roots through the perils of World War II. Other highlights include Karolienmarkt and the Munich Residenz, an opulent palace-turned-museum.
If you’re a fan of football, turn your attention to the beautiful game with a visit to Allianz Arena, the home ground of FC Bayern Munich. Or, if cars are more your thing, pay a visit to BMW World to see a range of luxury car models on display.
Midway through the day, take a break for lunch at your own expense. Ask your guide to recommend a restaurant, or perhaps enjoy lunch at one of the food hotspots seen on your tour; both Hofbräuhaus am Platzl beer hall or the farmers market of Viktualienmarkt are iconic places to eat and visit.
In the afternoon, visit the legendary Oktoberfest grounds to see the different stalls with food and beer, as well as the amusement park, which is put up each year. Soak up the festival atmosphere and see the different beer tents. If the entrance lines aren’t long, you may get lucky with a quick visit inside.
After roughly an hour at the grounds, return to your minibus, travel back to Salzburg, and then finish with a hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Oktoberfest is an annual event taking place during the end of September to early October only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.