Private Tour: Nakhl and Rustaq Forts and Hot Water Springs from Muscat
The Forts tour takes one to the historical towns of Nakhl and Rustaq both of which have splendid forts which take one back to Oman's bygone era. Also included is a visit to the hot springs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Nakhal Fort
What's excluded :
- Depart Muscat in the morning around 09:00am with a drive to Nakhl. You will reach Nakhal which has a 350 years old magnificent fort and is dramatically located at the top of rock mountain cliff. The fort is situated on a rocky prominence at the foot of Jabal Nakhal, a spur of the main Western Hajar range. Nakhal Fort is surrounded by orchards of palm trees. Its battlements provide a view of the Al Batinah Region.
The ancient Nakhal village is below the fort and close by is the warm springs of Ain Towarah. Built in the architectural style of the Sultanate of Oman, it is unique in that it was built to fit around an irregularly-shaped rock with some rock exposures jutting out into the interiors. The fort houses traditional furniture, handicrafts and historic artifacts. The narrow road through the town winds up to the Ain Towarah Hot Springs, which is a popular picnic spot.
After spending some time at Nakhal you will continue to Rustaq, once the capital of this area, and a major trading center of Oman. Later on you will be driven back to Muscat.
Departure Point :Hotels located within Muscat city limitsMuscat Port Gate
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.