Private Tour of Ancient Ostia with Exclusive Guide and Skip-the-line Tickets
Meet your guide in front of Ostia Antica entrance and once inside, you'll hear how the town filled in as the primary harbor of the Roman republic. Investigate its old crematorium, otherwise known as the necropolis, and afterward visit the amphitheater where the Roman groups thundered as they were engaged. Peer inside the Thermal Baths of Neptune to appreciate its safeguarded mosaics and frescoes, and wander along antiquated cobbles to the House of Diana — one of the town's most imperative remnants. In the wake of beholding back to Ostia's brilliance days, you'll find out about the town toward the finish of the Roman Empire when the city slipped out of unmistakable quality. Catch wind of the Roman general Sulla, and the new arrangement of city dividers that were ascribed to his time in power.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Stroll through the Roman demolishes in this old town. It tends to be characterized a little Pompeii, only couple of kilometers from Rome. The principal settlement can be followed back to the start of the fourth century B.C. Just toward the finish of that century a squared sustained post (castrum) was assembled. This castrum was encompassed by solid tufa dividers and its fundamental street tomahawks - the Cardus and the Decumanus. This military camp, called Ostia from the Latin word Ostium signifying "mouth of the stream", was set up at a separation of around 16 miles from Rome, as a military station to monitor not just the entrance to the Tiber and the adjacent zones, so as to protect Rome. The city was then encompassed by another hover of dividers that is generally credited at the season of Sulla. The dividers delineated a urban territory of around 50 hectares which could be gotten to through three primary doors: Porta Romana,Porta Laurentina and Porta Marina.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :00119 Ostia Antica RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.