Private Tour of Collingwood in Melbourne: Coffee, Culture & History
This tour will take you to one of Melbourne's most characteristic and colourful inner-city neighbourhoods. You'll enjoy a delicious coffee and croissant at an amazing, local social enterprise café before exploring the back streets and graffiti laneways of the suburb. Learn about some of the neighbourhood's colourful characters from the passionate football fans to an infamous criminal turned children's author. After exploring Smith Street and the evolving arts and live music culture of the area, we'll give you plenty of recommendations for places to eat, drink and shop for when the tour concludes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Coffee (or similar alternative drink)
- Croissant (or similar alternative pastry)
- $1 per person donation to our social enterprise partners
- Entry/Admission - Streat
- Entry/Admission - Smith Street
- Entry/Admission - Collingwood Yards
- Entry/Admission - Keith Haring Mural
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Streat, 66 Cromwell St, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Here you will hear about the amazing projects and employment opportunities that this social enterprise café deliver. You will also enjoy one of their in-house baked croissants and try one of their own in-house roasted coffees.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Smith Street, Victoria Parade to Alexander Parade, Collingwood, Yarra, Victoria Australia
You will walk through the back streets to get to Smith Street, one of the earliest shopping streets in Melbourne and discover all kinds of stores from the first supermarkets in Australia to the latest pop-up local artist shops. You will also see some incredible street art along the way and learn the history of the area.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Collingwood Yards, 35 Johnston St, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Discover the amazing arts scene and hear about other incredible social enterprises in the area with a visit to the Collingwood Arts Precinct.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Keith Haring Mural, 35 Johnston St, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Learn about Melbourne's passion for live music at an iconic live music venue and also take in the impressive Keith Haring mural. One of his best preserved public murals in the world.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Easey's, 3/48 Easey St, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Finish in the heart of Collingwood where there are many options for food, drinks and shopping after the tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Streat, 66 Cromwell St, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions on the day. Keep in mind that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable. This tour will run rain, hail or shine.
- In the event that one of our venues will not be able to accommodate us, a suitable alternative will be offered.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- This tour can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free requests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.