Private tour of Fiesole and visit of an organic olive grove with tasting
Explore a real Tuscan hill town, only 20 minutes bus ride from Florence. Get to know the history of ancient civilizations, such as the Etruscans, ancestors of the Romans. Enjoy a breath-taking view of Florence from the top of San Francesco hill. Feel revitalized by the quietness a Franciscan monastery, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Enjoy the best pastry and coffee of your life and relax in an organic farm, tasting their organic extra-virgin olive oil, ending the tour with an amazing food tasting with a glass of wine facing the hills. We will take a taxi from Fiesole to Maiano (5 minutes cab ride). The return to Florence from Maiano is on you. You can either walk 10 minutes to the n. 7 bus stop and then commuting to downtown or take a taxi back to Florence (aproximately 30 euros).
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 hours private tour with a licensed guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Fattoria di Maiano
What's excluded :
- The guided tour at the olive farm is not included in the tour's price. It's 35 € per person.
- Private transportation
- Ticket to Fiesole Archeological area and Museum (10 € per person)
- Entry/Admission - Fiesole archaeological site
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral San Romolo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Mino, Fiesole Italy
It was the Roman forum. Nowadays it's the square where people meet for a coffee or a glass of wine.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Convento di San Francesco, Via San Francesco 13, 50014, Fiesole Italy
It's on the very top of Fiesole hill. We go there walking and the road is pretty steep, so make sure to have comfortable shoes. We visit the church with its sacristy and the old convent, with the friars' cells.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fiesole archaeological site, Via Portigiani, 1, 50014 Fiesole FI, Italy
It's Fiesole archeological area, with the ruins of the Etruscan temple, the Roman baths and the Roman theatre. We also visit the archeological museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedral San Romolo, Piazza Mino, 50014, Fiesole Italy
It's a magnificent Romanesque cathedral, dating back to 1032. We will learn about a lot of medieval symbology.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fattoria di Maiano, Via delle Cave di Maiano 2, 50014, Fiesole Italy
We will visit the olive grove and learn about the different tuscan olive varieties. We will see the pressing machines and taste the excellent extra-virgin olive oil produced in the farm, which has received several international rewards. We will sit down in the patio, have a glass of wine and a tray of local charcuterie and cheese, from farm to table.
After the tour, you can stay for lunch at the organic restaurant (menu a la carte, cost not included in the tour).
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Mino da Fiesole, 50014 Fiesole FI, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Fattoria di Maiano, Via Cave di Maiano 2, Via Benedetto da Maiano, 11, 50014 Fiesole FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.