Private Tour of Godawari Botanical Garden Including Lunch
Explore the flora of Godavari Botanical Garden at the foot of Phulchowki Mountain. See a range of plants, ferns, trees, and flowers, and learn how growing them is possible in such an extreme environment as you stroll the gardens and greenhouses.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- Private Guide
- Lunch at the best available restaurant
- Entry/Admission - National Botanical Garden
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Botanical Garden, Godawari 44709, Nepal
After pickup at your Kathmandu hotel at 10:30 am in an air-conditioned vehicle, head with your private guide to the Godawari Botanical Garden.
Drive for 1 hours to reach Godawari Botanical Garden. The garden now holds over 500 species of plant in 82 hectares. Highlights include the decorative Coronation Pond, visitor centre (with interesting exhibits on Nepal's flora), greenhouses, and collections of rhododendrons (Nepal's national flower), lilies, orchids, cacti and ferns. Spring and autumn is the peak flowering seasons and therefore the best times to visit.
The Godavari Spring, found 200 metres from the Botanical Gardens' main gate, is also well worth a look. This freshwater spring spouting ice-cold water from the Godavari river is reputed to have been created when the Buddhist Mystic Padmasambhava struck a rock (in order to demonstrate that the ultimate truth is clear and will fulfill the people's thirst); unsurprisingly, the Spring is a popular Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage site.
Lunch and back to hotel by 3:00 pm.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear hiking shoes and a light jacket, and bring sunglasses and your camera.
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We offer pickup and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city. Please provide us the name of Hotel.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.