Private Tour of the Badlands
The Badlands have many secrets and requires a seasoned guide to explain and reveal them. GeoFunTrek Tours' guides are local experts with decades of experience. We have no seasonal-guides, part-time guides or trainee-guides. All tours are conducted by the owners, Cindy and John Esposti. We have the knowledge and skills to make your day one to remember. You will always get the A-Team when you tour with GeoFunTrek Tours!
All tours are Private Tours exclusive to the group booking the tour and no additional guests will be included. Children must be accompanied by at least one adult. Children 3 years and younger are free-of-charge and will have their own seat. Children's car seats must be supplied by family members when required. Our largest vehicle, a Sprinter van seats 9, and a larger vehicle may be rented or we can add a Honda Pilot for larger groups. This tour is great for 3-generation families with Children, multiple couples and groups of friends.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - Light snacks, bottled water and apple juice
- Entry/Admission - Badlands National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch - We have time budgeted for a meal break at the guest's discretion and expense. Coolers are available for boxed lunches and picnic supples.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Geology, 501 East Saint Joseph Street 3rd Floor of O'Hara Builidng on SDSMT campus, Rapid City, SD 57701-3901
"What the mind does not know, the eye cannot see", is especially true of the Badlands. Here is where the veil of mystery will be lifted from the Badlands and its secrets revealed. This is the scientific institution where the geology and paleontology of the Badlands were defined and understood. The time spent here with your local experts will open your mind to what is to come.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Badlands National Park, 25216 Ben Reifel Pl, Interior, SD 57750-7020
The Badlands are as large and diverse as they are legendary. Fortunately this is a private tour, and you are free to determine how you spend your time there. Here is what we recommend: 1) Travel to the ghost town of Scenic, SD and the remote Sheep Mountain Table area. This is an area that few get to see and, you are ready to experience and understand; 2) Journey the Badlands Scenic Byway and stop at the park visitor center and several overlooks and trails.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Wall Drug, 510 Main Street, Wall, SD 57790
Wall Drug is a classic American Roadside Attraction! It is a monument to the free enterprise system. You should see it just to restore your faith in entrepreneurs and how things can be done right. Oh yes, and you can eat and buy souvenirs there too.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Minuteman Missile National Historic Site, 24545 Cottonwood Rd, Philip, SD 57567-7002
This is a National Historic Site about the Cold War and the missile fields that existed here. We can visit the preserved missile silo and visitor center or spend more time in the Badlands or somewhere else. The choice is yours.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop-off at all lodging establishments in the Keystone, SD, Rapid City, SD and Hill City, SD area including campgrounds, B & B's, VRBO's, etc. Let us know if you are staying further away and we will make arrangements.Airports
- Rapid City Regional Airport, 4550 Terminal Rd, Rapid City, SD 57703
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- GEOFUNTREK TOURS SAFETY UPDATE COVID-19 Your comfort and safety are our primary concern. Take a private tour, limited to your group only and enjoy the day knowing that: 1) We have only two guides, John & Cindy are a married couple from the same household. They constantly monitor each other’s health. So even when not at work “THE BOSS” is always watching. 2) We have installed see-through barriers in our vehicles between the guests and the guide. 3) Our vehicles will be disinfected before and after each tour with high-quality disinfectants. 4) Guides will monitor their temperatures before each tour. 5) We wear masks and maintain proper social distancing practices and we kindly request our guests to do the same.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.