Private Tour of the Cotswolds in a luxury car from Moreton-in-Marsh
Tour a part of the Cotswolds in one day, on this leisurely paced excursion with a knowledgeable and attentive guide. After departing Moreton-in Marsh in an executive top of the range Mercedes saloon you can visit Shakespeare's Birthplace in the charming town of Stratford-upon-Avon. Enjoy Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, the former home of William Shakespeare’s wife. See where he was born and the Church where he was baptized and buried. Then, visit several picturesque villages such as Stanton, Chipping Camden and the beautiful town of Broadway before returning to Moreton via The Slaughters and Stow on the Wold.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within 10 miles of Moreton
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees except National Trust properties for max 2 people
- Meet your guide at the station in Moreton-in-Marsh at around 9.30am, and then drive in a comfortable air-conditioned saloon car to Stratford-upon-Avon where Shakespeare was born. Learn about the town’s most famous resident on a tour of Stratford, including his school and the Holy Trinity Church where the playwright and poet was baptized and buried. Go inside Shakespeare’s Birthplace — now a museum — and see a range of exhibits about his life. Entrance fee is extra.
Travel via Bourton on the Hill, Hidcote with its beautiful gardens overlooking the ridge.
Next, make a brief visit to Shottery to see the thatched cottage of Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare’s wife. Then, continue through the Cotswolds, the attractive region that prospered from its wool trade during the Middle Ages. Admire the scenery as you travel along tiny one-track lanes which criss cross the slopes and hills, and passed the stone villages, pastures and pretty churches that make up this unique landscape. With your guide, walk around the village of Chipping Camden see the magnificent Wool Church in the perpendicular style and, explore the delightful village of Broadway, famous for its charm and the iconic view from Broadway Tower. Then to the idyllic village of Stanton and Stanway with its 330 ft water fountain. Travel the lovely Coln Valley and tour the villages of Upper and Lower Slaughter considered to be some of the prettiest Cotswold villages before being driven to the market town of Stow-on-the-Wold where the last battle of the English Civil War was fought in 1646.
Drop back into Moreton-in-Marsh at approx. 5.30pm.
Departure Point :Moreton Railway Station
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No child seats
- If you wish to be picked up from your hotel, please advise the local provider at the time of or after the booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.