Private Tour of the Mezcal Route with Ancestral Drinks
Discover pre-hispanic pulque and ancestral mezcal; agave drinks and the sun of the Guachichil desert.
Did you know that pulque and mezcal come from the same plant? In San Luis Potosí we have a grand tradition for the elaboration of these drinks that are a standard representation of our national identity. We will visit the communities that preserve this tradition and we will get to know the rural surroundings in the vicinity of the capital city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- GUIDE: SECTUR certified guide NOM-009-TUR-2002
- Snacks - GORP energy bar.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - One ounce of ancestral mezcal and a little cup of pulque.
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
We will leave San Luis Potosí at 10:00 am where our first stop will be the magueyeras of Derramaderos, a community near the periphery of the capital city. We will visit David and his mother Eufemia, who will take us to collect mead and demonstrate the elaboration of pulque, a pre-Hispanic drink.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Derramaderos, Mexquitic de Carmona, S.L.P., Mexico
It is time to get back into the vehicle to where we will continue along the route of the potosino mezcal and we will enter the mountains where the first Spanish settlement was established in the state, San Miguel de Mexquitic. We will visit a community where Angel, Daniel, Manuel, Maria de la Luz and their families invite us to visit their vinata, or mezcal patio. During the tour, we will get to know the processes for the preparation and elaboration of mezcal using the campanilla, an ANCESTRAL technique that uses clay pots for its distillation, giving the drink an amazing flavor that sets it apart from anything you have ever tried before.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mexquitic de Carmona, San Luis Potosi, Mexico
We will learn how to taste mezcal properly with a technique that will build up the experience with our senses. Forget about whatever you learned during those wild nights of spring break, this spirit needs to be appreciate in a special way.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Av Manuel J. Clouthier 1923, Tangamanga, 78269 San Luis, S.L.P., Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- +18: Alcoholic Beverages Age Restrictions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.