Private Tour of the Vatican with Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica
Skip the line to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica. Explore the best of the Vatican with a private tour and admire the main highlights like the Gallery of Maps, the Rooms of Raphael, the Greek collection, the Tapestry Gallery, the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica. The private tour will let you live a more personalized visit, with a top rated local guide who will be happy to answer to all your questions and curiosities.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - Possibility to meet the guide to your hotel and book a private transfer, but only for reservations made at leastt one week before
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rome Tours with Local Guide Marta and Her Team, 00165 Rome Italy
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your itinerary will include the highlights of the Vatican museums, the Pinacoteca gallery that contains paintings and tapestries dating back from the 11th to the 19th century, the Pio-Clementine museum which is the first court yard to be filled with ancient statues such as the colossal marble statue of “Laocoon”. Wander down the vast galleries to see sculptures, paintings and historical artefacts accumulated by the popes over many centuries, like in the Gallery of Candelabra where you could see reach Roman mosaics and magnificent statues of Greek tradition. The visit proceeds inside the Rooms of Raphael, the apartments of Pope Julius II stunningly decorated by Raphael, who took inspiration by the scientists and intellectuals of his time for the subject of his fresco the “School of Athens”. Then you will get to the Sistine Chapel, once of the most visited highlights in Rome. Your guide will unrevel details about Michelangelo’s frescoes the Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis. The Chapel is the place where the conclave is held for the election of the new Pope.
The last stop but not least is Saint Peter's Basilica. Admire the immortal beauty of the “Pietà” of Michelangelo, who was only 23 years old when he sculpted it. Your tour guide will enlighten you with the history of the most important catholic church in the world starting from the story of the apostle Peter the first pope, to the present.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Continuing the tour started at the museums, your guide will accompany inside the Basilica and will show the highlights including Michelangelo's Pietà, the famous sculpture represing Virgin Mary holding Jesus in her arms, and frescoes, mosaics, symbols and meanings of the masterpieces that will make this place alive
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Province of Rome, Province of Rome, Lazio
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.