Private Tour: Petropolis - The Hidden Gem of Rio de Janeiro
Discover and explore Petropolis, the Imperial City, a hidden gem in the State of Rio de Janeiro, in this special private tour. Learn about the history of Brazil and the Royal family, visit the most important historical sites, walk by the streets and feel the enchanted atmosphere of this charming and lovely city. You're gonna be surprised and amazed !
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private car with Driver
- Tour Guide
- Flexible starting time with pick-up and drop-off at Hotels, Airbnbs, Airports and Cruise Terminal.
- Roundtrip to Petropolis (for customers in Rio)
- Bottled Water and Snacks (snacks suspended due to the situation)
- Entry/Admission - Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center
- Entry/Admission - Imperial Museum
- Entry/Admission - Casa De Petropolis / Casa Dos 7 Erros
What's excluded :
- Tickets for the attractions (total of BRL 40,00 per person)
- Food and Drinks
- Entry/Admission - Cervejaria Bohemia
- Entry/Admission - Museu Casa de Santos Dumont
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center, Avenida Estados Unidos 2, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25651-050 Brazil
The former hotel casino built in the 1930s.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Imperial Museum, Rua da Imperatriz 220 Centro, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25610-320 Brazil
The former summer palace of the Royal Family
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de Sao Pedro de Alcantara, Rua Sao Pedro Alcantara 60, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-300 Brazil
The city's Cathedral, where the former emperor D Pedro II is buried.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Casa De Petropolis / Casa Dos 7 Erros, Rua Ipiranga, 716, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25610-150 Brazil
The curious Casa de Petropolis, also known as "The House of 7 Errors" due to the unique facade.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Centro Historico de Petropolis, Rua do Imperador, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25620-900 Brazil
A walk by the streets of the historic city center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cervejaria Bohemia, Rua Alfredo Pacha 166, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-210 Brazil
The first brewery of Brazil ! Perfect for lunch and beer tasting.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Crystal Palace, Rua Alfredo Pacha S/N 0, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-210 Brazil
The old winter gardened presented to Princess Isabel by her husband, during the Imperial times.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museu Casa de Santos Dumont, Rua do Encanto, 22 _ Centro Próximo ao Relógio das Flores, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-081 Brazil
A casa onde viveu o inventor brasileiro Santos Dumont.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Serra dos Orgaos, Estrada do Bonfim Correas, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25730-010 Brazil
Beautiful drive to Petropolis through the forest !
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at any hotel, Airbnb, airport, seaport or any other place of your convenience in Rio de Janeiro and Petropolis. If your pick-up place is not listed, please inform it when booking. Also, for airport pickup please inform the arrival flight details; for seaport pickup please inform cruise ship informationThe drop-off at the end of the tour is also included.Airports
- RIOgaleão - Tom Jobim International Airport, Av. Vinte de Janeiro, s/nº - Ilha do Governador, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 21941-900, Brazil
- Santos Dumont Airport, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Pier Mauá (Rio de Janeiro Seaport)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/31/2019 - 12/22/2022
Tuesday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- For hotel pickup, please inform hotel information; for airport pickup, please inform the arrival flight details; for cruise terminal pickup, please inform cruise ship details.
- We do not operate this tours on Mondays because all the attractions are closed.
- The "House of 7 Errors" inside visit is available from Wednesdays to Sundays. Visits on Tuesdays will be outside only.
- Please remember that due to the covid-19 pandemic, wearing face masks during the tour is mandatory. Don't forget to bring yours ! We'll also have disposable ones in the car.
- Due to the covid-19 pandemic, the Imperial Museum is only partially open. We'll update this information as it changes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.