Private Tour: Red Square and State Historical Museum in Moscow
Set off to a 3-hour private tour of Russian history and tick off the must-see State Historical Museum, the largest museum of history in Russia, founded in 1872.
Say privet to Moscow as you are going to have a Listen-Admire-Love relationship with Russian history on this historic and cultural tour.
Moscow is as big as Luxembourg, or London and New York City combined. You will find out how Moscow grew and developed with time and what made it so big.
The archaeological & educational tour will show you the historic treasures of Russian Empire. You will get a grasp of quintessential events that affected the way Russia developed and see for yourself what makes Russia so different form the rest of the world.
Your tour finishes on Red Square. After the tour get ideas from your guide about where to go and what else to do in Moscow, how is best to do it and what is better to skip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Private guide
- Meeting in hotel lobby
- Multiple start times available
- Flexible itinerary
- In-depth narration
- Advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Get to know timeline of Russian history
- Entrance fee to the museum
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Square, Moscow 109012 Russia
This ultimate private tour devoted to Russian history and culture will tell you all you need to know about Russia and its past.
Your friendly local guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and the historic adventure begins! All road lead to Red Square. On the way you will see some attractions from outside and learn fun facts about them: Bolshoi Theater, Kitay Gorod ancient wall, GUM, St Basil’s Cathedral, Lenin’s Mausoleum, Kazan Cathedral, Hotel National, Alexander Garden.
Pass by the Iberian Gate and Chapel and throw your ruble at the Zero Kilometer to make sure you come again one day.
Visit the State Historical Museum for ancient antiques, and to learn Hunger Games Russian way. Sneak a peak at the relics of prehistoric tribes that occupied the territory of Russia a thousand years ago. Learn a lot of amazing stories about the Russian history, its famous leaders, what Russian local life looked like in middle ages and lots more!
10.00 Meeting in hotel lobby. Brief observation tour of Red Square.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Moscow State Exhibition Hall ‘New Manege’, Building 3 Georgievskiy per d. 3, Moscow 125009 Russia
Explore Manege Square to get an idea what is around.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Revolution Square (Ploshchad Revolutsii), Ploschad Revolyutsii Close to Red Square, Moscow 109012 Russia
Hear the story about October Revolution in Moscow in 1917.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: State Historical Museum, Krasnaya ploshad, 1, Moskva, Russia, 109012
10.30 Dive into the Stone Age collection of the State Historical Museum and learn about life style of the ancient people, find the most ancient item which is 5000 years old! Bronze Age is waiting for you in the next rooms. Get an idea of what the ancient burial place looked like. Russian Stonehenge is 4 thousand years old.
11.00 Step back into the Medieval Russia and see the most ancient book which dates back to 1073. Find out what basic values of life the book teaches us.
11.30 Find yourself inside the bigger copy of the famous Monomakh's Cap! Each of the room in this part of the Museum is decorated like an ancient Russian principality. You'll see detailed handmade maps and learn about ancient ways of trade industry.
12.00 Unique globe "Blau" dating back to the end of the 17th century will make you feel the salty breeze as if you are with your comrade Peter I in the Navy School
12.30 Second floor of the Museum gives a wonderful perspective on the Imperial Russia. Discover the beautiful époque of Catherine the Great and Alexander I: balls, etiquette and trophies from the Patriotic War - the war over Napoleon: mobile church, field samovar and keys from European cities
13.00 End up your adventure throughout the history of Russia with items dating back to the reigns of Alexander II and Alexander III, and see the family tree on the ceiling. Noble emperor died because of an assault, and his last uniform is kept in the collection. Learn about radical changes that happened to the museum during the Soviet period.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kremlin Walls and Towers, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Your guide will leave you at Red Square where you can grab a coffee in one of the cozy cafes and enjoy the iconic views of Red Square and Kremlin towers (without entering the Kremlin)
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide can meet you at your hotel, hostel, vacation rental or train station.You don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please indicate preferred start time in the comments when booking
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.