Private Tour: Ribatejo Region with Wine Tasting
Swap the crowded wineries of Setúbal for the traditional wine estates of the Ribatejo region on this private day trip from Lisbon.
With your very own guide, travel to the Ribatejo region, where wine has been produced using traditional methods for 2,000 years.
Visit the prestigious Quinta da Lagoalva estate, where you’ll enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride and a guided wine tasting. Then, head to Almeirim city and Vieira do Escaroupim before sampling more wine and getting up close to Lusitano horses at another winery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private minivan
- Wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - Quinta da Lagoalva de Cima
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quinta da Lagoalva de Cima, Alpiarca 2090-222 Portugal
arrive at Quinta da Lagoalva, a renowned wine estate that dates back to the 12th century. Tour the vineyards on a 30-minute horse-drawn carriage ride, and learn about the history of the estate as well as its traditional winemaking methods. Then, explore the winery’s buildings and cellars before sampling two varietals of local red wine with chouriço sausage and bread during a guided wine tasting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Almeirim, Almeirim, Santarem District, Central Portugal
Continue to Almeirim city for lunch (own expense). Visit a local restaurant where you’ll have the opportunity to sample Sopa da Pedra (Stone Soup). As you eat, hear the tale of the lonely friar who is said to have first created this flavorful dish with nothing more than a stone and the generosity of the townsfolk.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Salvaterra de Magos, Salvaterra de Magos, Santarem District, Central Portugal
Visit one more winery before heading back to Lisbon.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up at your Hotel or Apartment, or even the Port or the Airport.Please note that you may need to join us at a nearby meeting point, in some areas of the city where we can't reach your address.Please contact our team previously to assure all necessary arrangements.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- - Masks are required insdoors at buildings and monuments, except for meals at restaurants; - Masks are required inside vehicle; - Masks not required in wide/empty/spacious outdoor areas;
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.