Private tour Sintra Half day 5 hours
A stroll in Sintra is a true historical treasure, from where you can find historical vestiges of the Bronze Age to the deviant seasons of the History of Portugal.
An half day tour does not offer the same itinerary experience as a full day;
A 4/5 hour route includes driving through the main city attractions, with only one stop allowed, depending on the waiting queue.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Park and National Palace of Pena
- Entry/Admission - Quinta da Regaleira
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castelo dos Mouros, Estrada da Pena Parque de Monserrate, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
Moorish Castle – Sintra
Skirting two Sintra mountain ranges, the Moorish Castle dates back to the early days of the Moorish occupation of the Peninsula - the eighth century.
After many attempts, was finally taken by Dom Afonso Henriques first king of Portugal in 1147, and was built the first Christian Chapel of the city, dedicated to St. Peter of Penaferrim.
In the romantic period, in 1860, the walls were restored under the supervision of Dom Fernando II, husband of Dona Maria II, who wooded the surrounding areas, and gave a new dignity to the ancient medieval ruins. Noteworthy is the Moorish Cistern inside and the so-called Royal Tower.
Located about 3.5 km from the historic center of Sintra.
Stop At: Park and National Palace of Pena, Estrada da Pena, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
Park and National Palace of Pena
Museums and Palaces
Pena National Palace
Visit the fantastic Pena Palace exponent of 19th century Romanticism in PortugalSet on the top of Monte da Pena, the palace was built on the site of a former monastery. Built by D. Fernando de Saxe Coburg-Gotha, who married Queen Dona Maria II in 1836. After falling in love with Sintra, he decided to buy the convent and surrounding lands to build a summer palace for the royal family.
A restaurant has been installed in one of the palace wings, with a terrace offering a beautiful panoramic view over the Sintra Mountains and the coast.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Centro Historico de Sintra, Sintra 2710-616 Portugal
Sintra village from the municipal heritage to the world heritage, properly classified by UNESCO, visit the historical center of the romantic village of Sintra, many buildings and remains of various periods and cultural movements remain.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quinta da Regaleira, Rua Barbosa do Bocage, Sintra 2710-567 Portugal
Palace and Quinta da Regaleira
Museums and Palaces
Very close to the historic center of Sintra is Quinta da Regaleira, one of the most enigmatic sights of Sintra.
Quinta da Regaleira was built in the early twentieth century by millionaire Antonio Augusto Carvalho Monteiro (1848-1920), who managed to realize one of his dreams here with the help of scenographic architect Luigi Manini (1848-1936). Surrounded by lush greenery, Palácio da Regaleira is a fascinating discovery.
The palace was built in a romantic revivalist style, imitating Gothic, Manueline and Renaissance architectural and decorative forms, mixed with mythical and esoteric symbolism.
A special mention is reserved for the Holy Trinity Chapel, where visitors can take a spiral staircase down to the crypt to discover the monumental initiation pit that, deep down, leads through a cave to an amazing lake hidden in the middle of the gardens. .
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up our guests at their accommodation, train station, and any other destinations on agreement.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.