Private Tour: St Simeon's Monastery
Join a camel ride to the southern tip of Elephantine Island where you will find St Simeon's Monastery, an ancient, abandoned fortress monastery mostly built during the 7th century and located near Aswan.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Enjoy a Camel ride for one hour long.
- Enjoy sailing by a motor boat around the island.
- Visit the sixth century Monastery.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans ; pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Entry/Admission - Monastery of St. Simeon
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elephantine Island, Across the Nile from Aswan Two parts to this Island, Aswan Egypt
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Monastery of St. Simeon, Aswan Egypt
The monastery was given the name St Simeon by archaeologists and travelers, but earlier Arabic and Coptic sources called it Anba Hatre (Hidra, Hadri, Hadra), after an anchorite who was consecrated a bishop of Syene (now Aswan) by Patriarch Theophilus (385-412 AD).
Anba Hatre married at the age of eighteen. Tradition says that just after the wedding, he encountered a funeral procession which inspired him to preserve his chastity and later become a disciple of Saint Baiman.
After eight years of ascetic practices under the supervision of his teacher, he retired to the desert and applied himself to the study of the life of Saint Antony. He died during the time of Theodosius I.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Aswan hotels or Port areaPorts
- Aswan International Airport, Qism Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.