Private Tour: Ston and Peljesac Peninsula Day Trip with Wine Tasting
Head to the Peljesac Peninsula with a private guide on an action-packed day trip from Dubrovnik! Stretching alongside Peljesac Channel, which separates mainland Croatia from Korcula Island, the postcard-perfect peninsula boasts a fertile landscape that produces high quality wine, salt and seafood. Visit the coastal town of Ston to see the so-called great Wall of Croatia and an old salt factory, and then check out three family-run wineries or perhaps a coastal fish farm. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to your interests.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury air conditioned vehicle
- Private driver/guide
- Wine tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
Start your day with a pickup from your centrally located Dubrovnik hotel, and then travel with your private guide to the small town of Ston on the Peljesac Peninsula. As you travel, chat with your guide about the scenic south Dalmatia region and the sights that you particularly want to see. Your itinerary is flexible so if there’s something you want to see more of, simply let your guide know.
Stop At: Ston, Ston, Peljesac Peninsula, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
After roughly an hour on the road, arrive in Ston and stretch your legs on a walking tour of the pretty coastal town. Pose for pictures by the so-called Great Wall of Croatia – Ston’s major claim to fame – and hear how it is said to be one of the world’s largest fortified city walls.
The Peljesac area is rich in natural resources, with salt and wine lauded as the peninsula’s biggest exports, so visit the town’s old salt factory and hear tales about the pure salt harvest.
Enjoy a break for lunch in town (own expense) and then return to your minivan to continue your tour.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Peljesac Peninsula, Peljesac Peninsula, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
Travel along the undulating coastline of Peljesac Peninsula and, in between gazing at the turquoise Adriatic Sea, stop at three family-run wineries to sample their wares. Plavic mali is the region’s principle grape and, while your wine samples vary on each occasion, chances are that you will taste several made from the ubiquitous grape. Snacks such as artisan cheese and bread are often served alongside the wine.
If you want to learn more about southern Dalmatia’s cuisine, then perhaps swap one of your winery visits with a seafood-tasting session at a coastal fish farm. Sample fresh local oysters or mussels while learning about the region’s renowned fishing heritage.
After exploring the region and sampling its fine produce, return to your minivan and travel back to Dubrovnik. Your tour finishes with a drop-off at your Dubrovnik hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.