Private Tour: Stroll Through Russian Art and History
Russian art and architecture are St Petersburg’s biggest draws, and on this 4-hour walking tour you’ll see two of its finest examples. Gaze in awe at the attention-grabbing architecture of the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood, and then head inside to marvel at its equally opulent interior. The second part of your tour includes a visit to St Petersburg’s Russian Museum, a cultural gem with more than 400,000 pieces of artwork from different genres dating back to the 10th century. Numbers are limited to six on this small-group art tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
• Learn about the assassination of Tsar Alexander II and visit the extravagant cathedral that was built to commemorate him – the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
• Tour the Russian Museum and explore its main building, Mikhailovsky Palace, with your guide
• See vast collections of Russian art that date back to the 10th century
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request (additional charge may apply)
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- Entry/Admission - State Russian Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
Your friendly local guide will meet you in the city center, where your 4-hour walking tour begins. Setting off at a leisurely pace, stroll through this enrapturing city listening to tales and trivia about St Petersburg, its culture and, of course, its legendary art scene.
First stop is the eye-catching Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood – St Petersburg’s multi-domed showstopper. Modeled on St Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow, the extravagant cathedral looks so ostentatious that it almost seems out of place in St Petersburg, outshining the more subtle architecture that surrounds it. After stopping for a photo, head inside with your guide to admire its similarly astounding interior.
After a period of neglect, the inside of the cathedral took longer to restore than it did to build. While walking around, your guide will point out intricate details highlighting why this was; see lines of tiny mosaics that cover the walls and its opulent marble floors. Learn about Tsar Alexander II who was assassinated on the ground that the cathedral is built on, and see the canopy that marks the spot of his death.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: State Russian Museum, Inzhenernaya St., 4 Metro: Gostiny Dvor, Nevskiy Prospekt, St. Petersburg 191011 Russia
Head back outside and stroll over to St Petersburg’s next cultural gem -- the Russian Museum -- for a guided tour. Dedicated to Russian art, the museum houses a spellbinding collection with more than 400,000 pieces of art that date from the 10th century to the present day. The main building is known as Mikhailovsky Palace and as you walk through it with your guide, see art from just about every genre, including paintings, sculptures and graphics, as well as some of the world’s finest Russian avant-garde creations.
Your tour ends in the Russian Museum, where you can continue exploring independently if you wish.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Malaya Sadovaya St, 8, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191023
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :State Russian Museum, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Unavailable on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Departure time: flexible, contact us to confirm your preferred start time
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.