Private Tour: Swedish Iron Age Excursion from Stockholm 3h
Visit the countryside of Sweden and the historical remains from the Iron age. Climb up a mountain and be inside a prehistoric Hill fort (200AD), touch Viking age runestones and explore the mighty Vada Burrial mounds, over 4m high and 30m in diameter. Go back in time during this tour while traveling on a small unpaved road high above the former water level (today fields). We will travel among farms whose names dating to 300AD who still hold runestones at the farms from a 1000 years back. Follow us and visit The Angarnsjöängen area: one of the most historical areas close to Stockholm dense with remains of Swedish history. If you're in for a diffirent experience than usual you will not be disappointed.
Pick up and drop off in Stockholm included as well as cruise port pick up (not Nynäshamn)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local and knowledgeable guide
- Private tour
- A historic time travel experience
- A great time in the Swedish countryside
- A great time away from the city
- Personal service
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Angarnsjöängen, Angarns-Rörby 207, 186 91 Vallentuna, Sweden
We will travel around Angarnsjöängen visiting runestones, burrial grounds like Vada grave mounds (3 mounds over 4h high and 30m i diameter), a prehistoric Hillfort with settlement dating to 200AD and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Arkils tingstad, Tingvallavägen 27, 186 50 Vallentuna, Sweden
Enter a well-preserved viking assembly place.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up within 3km from Stockholm central station. If outside or in Nynäshamn harbour se below.If you live futher than 5km away from Stockholm central station we might advice you to get to the Stockholm central station meeting point. It is outside the Stockholm central station's main entrance towards Vasagatan street. There is a statue there who are the meeting point, if unsure if you're right please check if Hotel Terminus is on the opposite side of the street.If your tour departs from the cruise pier:If your ship arrives at S165 and S167 STADSGÅRDEN: Please walk a few hundred meters away from your ship while following the BLUE/GREEN lines. Go past the fences and guards, and your guide will wait there, with a sign saying "Viking Tours" on an A4-paper. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in STADSGÅRDEN than S165 or S167 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your ship arrives at F638 FRIHAMNEN: Upon debarking the ship, please go through the terminal building. Once you go past the sliding doors (everyone else that departs the ship will walk out this way), the guide will meet you just outside the sliding doors. The guide will be holding an A4-paper saying "Viking Tours". NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in FRIHAMNEN than F638 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your ship arrives at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN: Walk from your ship towards the tourist buses, which is less than 10 meters from the ship hull. The guide will wait for you at the tourist bus area, near the buses, with an A4-paper, which says "Viking Tours." The guide will then direct you to the tour vehicle. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in VÄRTAHAMNEN than V523 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your Ship Arrives at NYNÄSHAMN: NO PICK UP INCLUDED HERE. That due to it being 50km away from Stockholm central station. We recomend you to contact and with us decide a meeting place in Central Stockholm. We will give directions how to go there either by train or that take one of the cruise busses going from the harbour into Stockholm.If you are unsure of which pier your ship is arriving at, please check with the cruise line.Ports
- No pick up in Nynäshamn harbour (please wait for meeting instructions to a place in Stockholm inner city)
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- If you want to bring your own masks or any other thing to make you feel safe please know you're welcome to do so.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.