Private Tour: Temples & Ashrams of Ganga Sagar Day Trip from Kolkata
Get in touch with your spiritual side on this private full-day tour of Ganga Sagar from Kolkata, including hotel pick-up. Take a ferry cruise along the Ganges River to Sagar Island, then enjoy the undivided attention of your guide as you explore the many temples and ashrams. Learn why Ganga Sagar has become an important Hindu pilgrimage site; visit the sacred Kapil Muni Temple; and discover the philanthropic work carried out by ashrams like Bharat Sevashram Sangha and Ramakrishna Mission.
• Full-day tour to Ganga Sagar from Kolkata with an expert private guide
• Enjoy a scenic boat ride along the Ganges River toward Sagar Island
• Visit Kapil Muni Temple, where many Hindus pay their respects to Hindu
sage Kapil Muni
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• English-speaking guide
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kapil Muni Temple, Sagar Island India
Regarded as one of the most important pilgrimage sites in West Bengal, Gangasagar is extensively visited during Makar Sankranti. Located on an island in the Sunderbans, the unexplored and unexploited Gangasagar, fondly known as Sagardwip is an amazing destination for both pilgrims and adventure-lovers.
Every year during Makar Sankranti pilgrims from all over the country come to take a holy dip at the confluence of the river Ganges and Bay of Bengal, followed by offering prayers at the Kapil Muni Temple. This temple is immersed in legendary tales and is highly revered among devotees.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ganga Sagar, Ratlam Village, Ratlam India
Sagar Island is an island in the Ganges delta, lying on the Continental Shelf of Bay of Bengal about 100 km (54 nautical miles) south of Kolkata. This island forms the Sagar CD Block in Kakdwip subdivision of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian State of West Bengal. This island, also known as Gangasagar or Sagardwip, is a place of Hindu pilgrimage.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off available for hotels in Kolkata city center
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.