Private Tour: The Grand Canyon of Oman and Jebel Shams Day Trip
Leave Muscat to travel via Fanjah, Izki and Nizwa. Stop at Nizwa for a stroll through the Old Capital of Oman. Visit the region of Al Hamra, drive along Wadi Nakhr. Make your way up to Jebel Shams, the highest peak in Oman at 3000 metres and stop at Misfat Al Abrein, a picturesque village strapped on to the side of a mountain.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- At 08:30 hrs you will be picked up from your hotel or accommodation in Muscat city to board a 4x4 to travel via Fanjah, Izki and Nizwa. You will stop at Nizwa for a stroll through the Old Capital of Oman before moving onto Al Hamra. Once you have reached the region of Al Hamra you will visit the scenic Wadi Ghul and stop at the old village of Ghul to see the abandoned Persian ruins.
Moving on you will drive along Wadi Nakhr, also referred to as the Grand Canyon with breathtaking views. At the end of the Wadi is a village where rugs with bright colors and designs are made by local weavers. Visit the local weaver and haggle for their wares. You will then have a picnic lunch.
After lunch you will make your way up to Jebel Shams, the highest peak in Oman at 3000 metres. From there you will have an outstanding view deep into the Grand Canyon of Oman. On your way back to Muscat, you will stop at Misfat Al Abrein, a picturesque village strapped on to the side of a mountain. As you walk around this beautiful village where time has come to a standstill, you will be moved by the simplicity and friendliness of the people. Return to Muscat by 16:30 approximately.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Seeb Airport, Oman
- Sultan Qaboos Port, Muscat, Oman
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.