Private Tour The hills are alive: a tour to locations of the Sound of music film
Explore the locations where the world famous movie Sound of Music was filmed and see some of the most important locations of the real von Trapp family. Along with a bilingual guide, you will follow the footsteps of Julie Andrews, the real Maria von Trapp, and the entire von Trapp family. This tour is not complete until you see the most important life locations of the von Trapp family and learn more about the family and their real story. During the tour you will also learn new things about the movie and many background stories. You will see locations that are not normally accessible during a standard tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Lunch, if option is selected
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Nonnberg Convent
- Entry/Admission - The Sound of Music Trail
What's excluded :
- Extra beverages (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Be special Tours, Salzburg 5061 Austria
We will pick you up for free in the city of Salzburg at any place, such as your hotel, or train station, airport, etc. and also drop you off where you want in the city for free.
Pass By: Salzburger Altstadt, Altstadt, Salzburg Austria
We will drive with you through the old town of Salzburg and show you some of the major sights of the old town of Salzburg.
Stop At: Nonnberg Convent, Nonnberggasse 2, Salzburg 5020 Austria
See the abbey of Nonnberg where Maria become a nun in the movie. In real life she staid there too. Learn about the convent and its interesting history.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Leopoldskroner Weiher, Leopoldskronstrasse, Salzburg 5020 Austria
See the lake and the palace Leopoldskron which was in the movie the back of the von Trapp family's home.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Hellbrunn, Fuerstenweg 37, Salzburg 5020 Austria
We will drive with you to the palace of Hellbrunn premisses where you will see the Gazebo and the park.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Sound of Music Trail, Markt 24, Werfen 5450 Austria
We will show you the Sound of Music trail where the children sang the Do-Re-Mi song, or go with you alternatively to the original field where Julie Andrews sang the opening scene (the opening scene is not always open to visit).
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Lake Wolfgang, St Gilgen 5340 Austria
We will pass by the village of St. Gilgen and show you also the lake of Wolfgang.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Basilika St. Michael, Kirchengasse 1, Mondsee 5310 Austria
We will show you the basilica where the traps got married in the movie.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your hotel included in the tour price. Please inform us which hotel you will be staying, or where you want to meet us. Airports
- W. A. Mozart Airport, Salzburg Austria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- face masks required for guides and team; special training of team to detect Covid-19 symptoms and making people aware to keep distances.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.