Private tour to Al-Rifa'i Mosque
Al-Rifa'i Mosque (Arabic: مسجد الرفاعي, transliterated also as Al-Rifai, Al-Refai, Al-Refa'i, and named in English the Royal Mosque) is located in Midan al-Qal'a, adjacent to the Cairo Citadel. It is the Khedival Mausoleum of the Royal Family of Muhammad Ali Pasha. The building is located opposite the Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan. The mosque was considered remarkable for its massive size and innovative architectural components,
and is still considered one of the most impressive historic monuments in Cairo today, Explore Alazhar historic mosque on a private tour . Learn about the history and architecture of the sprawling complex as you walk the medieval fortifications with your guide,
after that we will continue for a full day tour showing the old Egyptian artifacts from the beginning of history.
Then enjoy and Egyptian cuisine at a nearby restaurant before finishing the tour at your hotel.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entry Tickets
- Optional Lunch buffet
- Entry/Admission - Al-Rifa'i Mosque
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Al-Rifa'i Mosque, El-Refaey, El-Darb El-Ahmar, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Al-Rifa'i Mosque (Arabic: مسجد الرفاعي, transliterated also as Al-Rifai, Al-Refai, Al-Refa'i, and named in English the Royal Mosque) is located in Midan al-Qal'a, adjacent to the Cairo Citadel. It is the Khedival Mausoleum of the Royal Family of Muhammad Ali Pasha. The building is located opposite the Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan, which dates from around 1361, and was architecturally conceived as a complement to the older structure. This was part of a vast campaign by the 19th century rulers of Egypt to both associate themselves with the perceived glory of earlier periods in Egypt's Islamic history and modernize the city. The mosque was constructed next to two large public squares and off of several European style boulevards constructed around the same time.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel lobby.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.